Chapter 10

Back at Edna's house, Edna and Silver were speaking with Helen and Krypto.

Edna: "This project has completely confiscated our lives, darling. Me and Silver that is. Consumed us as only hero work can. My best work, I must admit. Simple, elegant, yet bold. You will die."

Silver: "Well I wouldn't say die. More like flip."

Krypto: "I oughta see it to believe it."

Helen: "E, I just..."

Edna: "I did Robert's suit, and it turned out so beautiful, I had to continue."

Helen: "E, It's great to see you, but I gotta tell you I have no idea what you're talking about. I just..."

Edna: "Yes, words are useless. Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble! Too much of it, darling. TOO MUCH! That is why I show you my work. That is why you are here!"

Silver (whispers to Helen and Krypto): "I hardly understand what she says too, but at least I figure it out."

Edna presses buttons for a pass code, does a palm scan, a retinal scan, and speaks into a microphone.

Edna: "Edna Mode." A large gun comes from the ceiling and points at Helen and Krypto.

Edna: "And guests."

The gun returns to the ceiling.

They walk into room filled with Edna and Silver's inventions and towards a movable table with chairs.

Silver: "Pretty cool, huh?"

Krypto: "Not much has changed in here. That's for sure."

Edna: "Come. Sit."

Edna: "Cream and sugar?"

Helen: "Thanks."

Edna: "I started with the baby."

Helen: "Started?"

Edna: "Shh! Darling! Shh! I cut it a little roomy for the free movement. The fabric is comfortable for sensitive skin, and can also withstand a temperature of over 1000 degrees!"

The display shows a baby mannequin with a red suit. Suddenly, a burst of flames erupt in there. Nothing was burned.

Silver: "And, completely bulletproof."

Multiple guns shoot at the figure. Nothing was damaged.

Edna: "And machine washable, darling. That's a new feature."

Helen: "What on earth do you think the baby will be doing?!"

Edna: "Well, I'm sure I don't know, darling. Luck favors the prepared. I didn't know the baby's powers, so I covered the basics."

Helen: "Jack-Jack doesn't have any powers."

Edna: "No?"

Silver: "Oh that's surprising. Considering the fact that your whole family has powers."

Krypto: "I'll tell you one thing he's super at. He's super cute."

Edna: "Well, he'll look fabulous anyway."

The table moves down to the left.

Edna: "Your dog's suit can remain in a comfortable temperature when flying. In addition, it can withstand any impact, reducing the risk of injury."

Krypto saw the suit on a dog mannequin.

Krypto: "Okay, if there's anything I will never do for the rest of my life, it's wearing that suit. Those features seem useless."