Chapter 7

Inside a jet, the heroes, in their super suits, sit near a table. Barley couldn't contain his excitement.

Barley: "Oh my gosh! I can't believe I'm here right now! You guys have no idea how thankful I am to be with you right now!"

Demolition Bird: "You're gonna love it. Being a hero is a dream."

Firefox: "Well as long as you come back in one piece, your folks won't know about it."

Armstrong: "Have you thought of a name? Every super needs a name."

Barley: "Hmm, Ooh. I got it: The Boulder!"

Gold Rush: "Hey, that's not bad."

Heatbeam: "Just get rid of the word "the" and it's good."

Armstrong: "Could've been worse. You could've said Elf Boy."

Mirage walks towards the heroes as they laugh.

Mirage: "The Omnidroid 8000 is a top secret prototype battle robot. lts artificial intelligence enables it to solve any problem it's confronted with. And, unfortunately..."

Mr. Incredible: "Let me guess. It got smart enough to wonder why it had to take orders."

Mirage: "We lost control."

Heatbeam: "How could you lose control?"

Mirage: "We don't exactly know. And now it's loose in the jungle, threatening our facility. We've had to evacuate all personnel from the island for their own safety."

Mr. Incredible: "How am I going in?"

Mirage: "The Omnidroid's defenses necessitate an air drop from 5000 feet. lts cloaking devices make it difficult to track. Although we're pretty sure it's on the southern half of the island."

Firefox: "Nah, we'll find it. It's huge. Won't be too hard to spot."

Mirage: "Oh, one more thing. Obviously it represents a significant investment."

Mr. Incredible: "You want us to shut it down without completely destroying it."

Armstrong: "I'm not sure if we can promise that."

Mirage: You are Mr. lncredible, Armstrong, Firefox, Heatbeam, Gold Rush and Demolition Bird."

Boulder: "Oh, don't forget me. The Boulder."

Mirage chuckles. Later on, the heroes get inside two shuttles. One carried Gold Rush, Demolition Bird, and Armstrong. The other carried Mr. Incredible, Heatbeam, Firefox, and Boulder. All of them got in successfully. Well, almost all of them. As Mr. Incredible was getting put inside the shuttle, his belly was too big. The soldier eventually increased the power to put him in after multiple attempts. Boulder and Firefox pulled him in. The shuttle prepares for launch, but Mirage walks to them to say one more thing.

Mirage: "I've got to warn you all, it's a learning robot. Every moment you spend fighting it only increases its knowledge of how to beat you."

Mr. Incredible: "Shut it down. Do it quickly. Don't destroy it."

Mirage: "And don't die."

Firefox: "We've been heroes for years. We never die."

Heatbeam: "Uh, don't say never."

Mr. Incredible: "Great. Thanks."

The shuttles get launched out of the plane and head straight for the island. After landing, Gold Rush, Demolition Bird, and Armstrong get out of their shuttle. Mr. Incredible tries getting out of his shuttle, but once again, his belly was too big to get out. The others inside started to suffocate.