{ Willing to try }

{ Ehann: }
Chapter 28

The prince felt his heart stop beating, immediately he looked at his mother.

And then then he looked towards Agatha, she seemed to have the same thoughts as him.

Then he looked at the one person he feared looking at the most, Aelius.

He seemed, motionless. You couldn't read his face at all. Which only worried the prince more than anything.

Forget the grand ball, forget the unexpected marriage, forget... just everything.

The only thought that came to his mind was to get to Aelius and get things understood.

Quickly, when everyone was done talking. He moved away from everyone and followed Aelius outside in the hall.

Was he planning on leaving? Just like that? Who was the woman he was dancing with? His new lover? It all went to fast to process.

He felt like crying.

"Aelius." He called out.

And Aelius kept walking, even faster than before.

"Aelius!" He shouted.

Nothing.

So he did the only thing he could think of, grab his arm and pin him in a wall.

The prince stared at the person underneath him, he kept his eyes closed.

This hurt the prince even more.

"Please.." The prince pleaded.

"Look at me."

Nothing.

"..I'm begging you, even a glance will do."

"Just.. please show me you're listening."

And finally, Aelius opened his eyes. The moment he did tears started in his eyes, and droplets started to fall, but not a sound was heard.

This was the final straw, and he too. Started crying with him.

"I- i didn't know about it okay?.." The prince cried out.

"I barely even know of this, if i had known sooner i would have- "

"You would have what?" Aelius spat out.

"Stopped the wedding?" He questioned.

"...."

"You're a prince for god's sake Ehann."

"If anything I'm the one who's at fault, the difference between us is so obvious even a stray cat could tell the difference."

"I should have never gotten you to love me, i should have left you alone after the first confession. I should have-"

"Please stop-" The prince cut him off.