Chapter 1: The Third Son

767 AHSA (after hell spawn arrival)
22nd of Gorrvo
Human Kingdom Of Balivin

In South western wilderness of the Balivin is Wolf's Den Castle, a well made and sturdy castle having it's fair share of sieges and it's survived every single one.

In the castle courtyard is a young dark haired man fiddling with his bracers with his calloused hands which he gazes up with his light brown eyes nearly appearing as amber.

"Are you ready to begin milord?" A somewhat older man questions with a light shade of brown hair.

The young man stands up drawing a dulled blade from the scabbard attached to his hip.

"I'm not my older brothers Ser Gerron, you can call me by my given name, not my title." The young lord retorts kindly.

Ser Gerron shakes his head as he knows this but he knows if Erik's brothers were to see him being informal with a member of family? It may result in unfortunate consequences.

"Very well Erik, come on." Ser Gerron beckons with a relaxed defensive stance.

Erik circles ser Gerron as they give false charges hoping they can get the other to take the bait. While this is going on, Erik's younger brother Oliven is watching on while sitting on a crate having his full attention.

Erik makes the first attack swinging for Garron's stomach, who reacts appropriately by parrying this strike but earns a punch to face causing him to stagger back.

Gerron touches his face looking back to see Erik smirking playfully. Gerron returns the smirk as he gets aggressive swinging for Erik's head.

Erik ducks each of these but earns a punch to his stomach. Erik staggers back touching his stomach pacing around trying to walk it off.

"Okay... That was deserved." Erik admits through his teeth.

The two fighters circle each other with a change in attitude taking the sparring a bit more seriously.

"Sorry to interrupt this little dance of yours, but you've been requested by our father, you'll see soon enough... Oliven don't you have studies to attend to?" Christeffan questions. He is the second eldest child of four boys and arguably the most relaxed.

"Little Oliven completed his studies for the day Christeffan, we'll continue this another time ser Gerron." Erik states with disappointment, being that he hates attending to political matters of his family, not having much care for it but must attend to it regardless.

Erik exits the courtyard and into the inner castle walking through the halls of the castle with the various servants bowing respectfully towards him and past various paintings of members of the house Blezyren.

House Blezyren is held in high regard, the same regard as Dragons which is the sigil of their House. While Erik is honored to have been to such a lineage, there are days the expectations that come with his name makes him wish he weren't born to such a family.

Erik enters the main hall finding his father, eldest brother talking with a familiar man.

"Uncle Trevon?" Erik questions in surprise with wide eyes.

Trevon glances towards Erik with surprise coming over his eyes. He questions Erik's father that this is Erik earning a nod.

"My you've grown quite well lad, 23 years old and you're still not married?" Trevon asks curiously.

"Haven't found a suitor of my liking." Erik retorts bluntly making his uncle laugh in amusement.

"Nice to see you're as stubborn as your brothers." Trevon praises.