Chapter 5: Arrival at Fort Graken

767 AHSA (after hell spawn arrival)
17th of Dettris
Fort Graken

Erik is currently leading his mount along with Basil at his side overlooking the entrance to the massive Fort Graken. The 600 year old fort that has been through many battles and wars, evident by the foundations appearing worn and getting worse year by year.

"What's the troop count here?" Erik directs to Bailey who is adjusting her bracers.

"About 21,000 though King Trevis' army is making up the bulk of it... Though with the elves and dwarfs, we should have 31,000 or close it." Bailey replies as they are met by some human wolf members.

"Wolf Commander, it's good to see you in good health." One says respectfully nodding.

"Likewise Dylvein, have the elven and dwarven Commanders arrived?" Bailey questions.

"Aye, they got here yesterday and with recruits no less, same as you it seems." Dylvein points out noticing Erik.

Bailey and Erik are allowed to enter the fort Graken though it's not long till they greeted by the King of Balivin himself, Trevis.

"King Trevis, I trust the journey was safe and sound?" Bailey asks shaking hands with Trevis.

"It was, the men are anxious but that's no... Erik Blezyren? What are you doing here? Your father sent word that he'd be leaving you as Lord till he returned." Trevis points out.

Erik looks down which Bailey notices deciding to be the one who breaks the news.

"Lord Blezyren and two of his eldest sons are dead your majesty, murdered on the orders of Trevon Blezyren, only Lady Zelena and her two youngest sons remain with the youngest being held captive by Trevon most likely."

King Trevis looks in complete shock as he was rather fond of Lord Blezyren and even Trevon to a degree.

"I... I almost can't believe it... It means you're the lord now."

Erik sighs looking back up.

"I'm afraid it's not that simple, I'm to join the Wolves and eventually help get my brother back... My mother, she rides for her home to make preparations." Erik explains as Trevis looks towards Bailey asking if this is true.

Bailey nods as Trevis looks back at Erik with pity.

"Once the battle here is done, I'll march what remains and bring Trevon to justice by force, no one gets away with kinslaying in my kingdom, you have my word." Trevis says.

"I'm honored your majesty but if may make a request?" Erik asks with Trevis telling him to speak. "I wish to kill Trevon myself, it's only fair."

Trevis nods understanding as he takes his leave, joking that his advisors are likely sending out a search party wishing them well.

"Hmm, something isn't right... There's plenty of Dwarven battalions but I've yet to see an elf that's not a wolf, if the elves aren't joining us then the battle might be more difficult than expected." Bailey says walking with Erik who looks concerned. "But for now we'll get this ritual out of the way, now there are ingredients to the ritual that you'll need to gather."

Erik raises his brow as that sounds simple enough asking what the ingredients are.

"The Wolf accompanying you will know, unfortunately we can't disclose yet. Feel free to explore the camp but I ask that you find Myra Myrelen, she's the Wolf accompanying your journey into the woods but also see if you can find the elf and dwarf recruit and tell them to meet at my tent, your war hound will stay with me for the meantime."

Basil barks in acknowledgement with Erik watching them leave as he looks around the camp that's incredibly busy. He takes a deep breath and begins walking around past some men and women as all of this is very overwhelming.