Chapter 10: Recovery & Plan

767 AHSA (after hell spawn arrival)
20th of Dettris
The Forest

Erik is resting in bed peacefully but his vision is filled with flashes of fire, Hell Spawn and a black silhouette standing before him as He Who Kills is between the two.

"Who the hell are you? You say you're a ancestor but-"

"I am very much an ancestor boy, now listen to me very closely. You need to master using this sword and it's abilities cause if you don't? Ve'Kar will win and this world will be forever doomed." The ancestor as Erik is flabbergasted by most of this news.

"Wait hold on a damn second-" Erik tries to speak but the ancestor cuts him off.

"There's no time to explain at the moment, I'll try to communicate with you best I can." He says as Erik's vision is blinded by a bright light.

Erik grunts out awaking in a bed as he immediately sits up seeing that he's missing his top clothing with bandages on his shoulder and stomach.

"So the sleeping prince is finally awake? About time." Calisa says currently stirring some stew in the pot.

"Calisa?" Erik asks favoring his shoulder and sees He Who Kills leaning against the wall nearby.

Calisa looks back a bit surprised at the fact he even remembered her name.

"Yes it is I Calisa, you're at the moment resting at me and my father's home in the woods." Calisa states walking over to the bed.

"My companions, are they alive? What happened?" Erik asks standing up but feels a stabbing pain in his stomach.

"Easy! Your ribs are healing but slowly. To answer your question? Your companions are safe for the most part though the mage huntress is taking the death of her Commander and the loss at Fort Graken quite hard." Calisa states sitting Erik down.

Erik looks up in surprise hearing that Bailey is dead and even more questions come up.

"Wait... If we lost then how did we get out?" Erik asks as Calisa begins checking his bandages.

"My father turned into a Dragon and saved you lot." Calisa replies as Erik slowly looks up with a doubtful stare. "You can ask him yourself if you want." She says directing him to his armor.

Erik grunts out putting on his tunic and eventually his armor.

"Why did your father save us?" Erik asks turning to Calisa.

"I wonder that myself, my father has always involved himself in such matters for reasons I can't determine." Calisa says returning to the pot to stir the stew.

Erik heads outside seeing Basil shoot up and run towards him licking him whilst whining and barking. Zythiás looks over seeing this and gazes at Myra.

"Told you he'd be fine, you worry too much." Zythiás states bluntly.

Myra shakes her head simply walking to Erik hugging him gently much to his surprise but he returns.

"I'm glad you're okay." Myra says lowly into his shoulder.

Erik acknowledges this and sees Fae'delar and Durgon looking on though they seem more hesitant to approach.

"I'm... Sorry about Bailey but did something happen to me?" Erik asks confused as Myra steps back and motions Henry to approach.

"Lad you were out of it, but when I approached? You were walking and fighting but you weren't yourself, as if somebody was controlling your body... Do you remember anything?" Henry asks as Zythiás watches on.

Erik is taken aback by this and looks around trying to dig into his mind. He closes his eyes seeing the fight with the beast but only the parts that he has actually awake for.