Part 3 | Extra Mattress

Why am I like this?

Grace could feel the thin wall that they had in their apartment won't cover her loud noise in the living room. Grace hates to be in this situation but she can't stop to look at the mirror with all her clothes laying on the floor.

She groans as she looks at the clock on the shelf. It's not like she'll have a date with someone but it's Na Jaemin. Again, the intrusive thoughts about him wins. She's been trying out all of her clothes for almost an hour—just to pick the old cardigan that she always wear everyday at home.

It's almost 9 and she needs to be ready to welcome her son and Na Jaemin.

She picked her clothes one by one and try to fold them neatly before her son comes home.

It's not that long until Grace could hear the bell of her apartment rings. It must be her son and him.

She walked fast and opened the door as fast as she could. There he goes, the person that she had been missed lately came, standing right in front of her with a child of their own.

She threw them a smile and greeted them right after.

"Did you have fun?" She asked and it made Shane chuckled.

"I did, Dad took me to the city."
"Oh... that's great!" She replied and she took a lil glance to Na Jaemin and found him grinned at her.

Stop.

She tried to remain still but she keeps failing.

Just take Shane in and say thanks to him. Cancel the plan.

"It's getting cold, come in!" She aggressively said and she could feel her heart thumping fast as she let them step in to the living room.

Stupid Grace is stupid.

She let out a sigh and she closed the door gently. She breathe in one more time before she makes herself ready to face Na Jaemin again.

She turned around and found Na Jaemin was standing in front of the couch with his gaze on the french door that leads to the balcony.

He's looking more buff than two years ago. He changed his hair, it's a bit brown but not too brown. He's still wearing the same shoes that he had for almost five year. Also, the smell of his shampoo, it never changed.

"You may sit. A—are you thirsty?"

She asked and swallowed hard after she said that. He turned his body around and smiled to her. "Uhm... yeah. Maybe water?"

"Right, wait a sec."

She walked straight to the kitchen and get a glass for Na Jaemin. She took it from the cabinet and went to the fridge to pour the water for him.

"Here." She said as she walked to the living room and give the water to him.

"Thank you, Grace."

Grace just nodded and leave him again to the kitchen to prepare the dinner. She remembered about the plan that she had already discussed with her brother Josh. It's just a dinner, make Shane happy, and this was Shane's dream to have a 'complete' family dinner.

Grace once again never thought that she will join in every trip that her son and his Dad have. She just left Shane to his Dad and let them having fun without her. Shane never asked too much for it. But there was one time when Shane asked Grace to join to their trip even though they've separated already. Shane is mature enough to understand about the situation of his parents so Shane just gave it a go. However, Grace knew that Shane will always wanted to have it at least once in his life.