Part 9 | Evening Meal

Grace jolted to the sound of someone's calling her name after she had beed spaced out for almost a minute. The person was Josh. He even knocked his knuckles to the dining table.

"Sorry, what?"

Josh sighed as he rolled his eyes at her.

"Girl, what's up with you? Don't tell me that you're thinking about Na Jaemin again."

This time was Yuna. She just finished a whole plate of her pizza after she decided to join the dinner with the Kim's at a restaurant nearby.

"Will you please stop mentioning his name? Shane might hear us." Grace replied as she wasn't the one who started the conversation about that.

"Well, what is it again?" She asked again and nudged Josh's shoulder right away. Josh however didn't seem to care about it anymore.

"I'm not thinking about him, okay?"

Of course, she lied. What do you mean, it's been months and she can't stop thinking about that night with him. It was magical— she wanted more of that.

"Did he ask you to sleep with you again?"
"God, Josh! Stop it."

Josh rolled his eyes once again and sipped his wine while looking at the window beside him.

"You'd probably blame yourself for leaving him without news after you got that dick a few months ago."

"What the fuck, Josh! I need you to stop before I'll stab you with this fork!" With that, Yuna chuckled at both of them.

"So, how about Bali? Are you in or not?" Josh blatantly asked at her.

Grace sighed and leaned back. She wiped her mouth with the napkin and unbuckled her belt after she ate a lot of carbs before.

"We're staying at Dad's?"
"Yeah, this summer. Yuna's free tho."

Yuna nodded at Grace after Josh said that. "I'm always free."

Grace chuckled thinking about Yuna's daily activities right now. She became an influencer on social media since she resigned at her last job a few years ago. Apparently, Yuna seems more mentally stable now.

It was two years ago, the twins decided to live with their Dad after they turned eighteen. She has been through a lot and she needed to meet her therapist every week. She was furious at herself. She blamed herself for not being able to take care of her children anymore. However, she was able to get help sooner than she thought. It was Grace who introduced her to one of her acquaintance while she was in Yuna's position back then. She made it, and that's all what matters now.

"Take Shane with you, we're going to have a fun trip there!" She continued while she was still munching another food inside her mouth.

"Okay, I'll think about it."
"Grace, come on! It's been so long since we met our parents. It's Bali, it's everyone's bucket list."
"I know, but I need to make sure that I could leave my job for a vacation."
"Girl, I promise you won't regret! You should get out from this city, it suffocates you."

Grace laughed and somehow what Josh said was true. She wanted to go out from this city. She wanted to breathe a new air. It's only been six months since she moved here yet it suffocated her already.

"Perhaps, you could find a lover there! I'm sure the locals are great." Josh winked at her.

Grace couldn't help it but to laugh with Yuna together.

"You said that too while I was in Taipei and I didn't even knocked a single locals there!" Grace replied and kicked his feet under the table.

"They knew you were a mother, so I need you to stop walking side by side with Shane in Bali!"
"Oh, shoot! You're right, Josh!" Yuna shouted and in just a second they tossed their hands together.