Part 7 | Speeding 95

Grace woke up to the sound of someone's screaming in her head. She panted as she tried to move her body up to look at the clock at the wall. She turned on the lights and sighed. The nightmare kept coming back.

It was a jumble mess. She had this dream before and this was the third time.

As her phone screen turns on, she quickly took off the cable of the charger. She took it and read the notification on her lock screen.

Grace, can you please come and help me?

She could feel her heart is thumping fast as she read the message. She bit her lips and open the message quickly. It was from Na Jaemin.

She could also feel her hands were shaking because she wasn't sure about what to do right now. It's almost 3 am in the morning and Na Jaemin just texted her after she woke up from the nightmare.

With no hesitation, she dialed the his number and hoping that there was nothing serious about it.

"Na Jaemin? Are you there?" She asked as soon as Na Jaemin picked up the call.

Grace could hear nothing except the sound of someone's sobbing. She believed that it was his and she couldn't take it anymore as she tried to get up from the bed and look for her jacket inside her wardrobe.

"Na Jaemin, answer me! Are you there?"
"G—grace..."
"Na Jaemin, are you okay? Are you hurt?"

She asked loudly as she put on her jacket. Again, he replied her with a sob.

"Na Jaemin, say something! Are you okay?! Where are you?"
"Grace... I can't— I was drunk, I... I hit something and I—"
"Oh my God!" She screamed as she closed her eyes.

She runs faster to the door and make her way out from her room. "Send me your location, now!" She said and she ended the call.

Grace decided to take a cab to the location that Na Jaemin has shared in his message. It's not really far from her place and it took only ten minutes since the road was empty at this hour.

She quickly hopped off from the car after she paid the driver. She walked faster to the gas station and saw Na Jaemin's car with the hazard lights on.

"Na Jaemin!" She shouted as she ran faster to his car.

Right after Grace arrived in front of his car, she knocked the window and asked Na Jaemin to roll it down. He's all mess and so was the car. The rear view mirror was broken. She could see him cry from outside and she could see a small wound on his head as the blood had flowed down to his temple.

"Na Jaemin! Open it!" She kept shouting until Na Jaemin unlock the door of his car and asked Grace to come in.

"What happened to you?" She asked as she finally got inside.

She never been this anxious before. Na Jaemin is right in front of her yet she still hasn't felt safe until Na Jaemin needs to make sure that he's fine. She was out of breath and she just wanted to hug him and tell him that everything's going to be okay.

"I was drunk, Grace. I was so stupid." He said after he exhaled and wiped the tears with his hand.

"I hit 90 and I've bumped into something on the road and I crashed my head into the window and I couldn't remember the rest of it so I... I drove to the gas station nearby and— I called you." He said as he looked at her in agony.

Grace sighed and bring her body closer to Na Jaemin. She cupped his face to take a look closer to his wound. It's a small cuts but Grace believed it hurt so much since he bumped his head to the window.