Part 5 | Scarlet

Sent.

Grace walked slowly to get outside of the room after she bid a goodbye to Jihye and put the phone back inside her bag.

It's almost 6 pm and she was ready to head home. But the bus that she took wasn't the one that she always had instead of the bus that leads to her old favorite place, Neko's.

It was Na Jaemin.

Not too long ago after the fight she had with her own son, she quickly told Na Jaemin about it. It became more serious since Shane always uses the word 'busy' as an excuse to had an argue every night with her. She couldn't stop thinking about it and with that, Na Jaemin agreed to talk about it with her.

She quickly rush out from the bus and looked around the place. The bus stop hadn't changed at all and so was the cafe. She walked slowly to reach the place that she used to come everyday for the guy that she loved.

She opened up the door and she was welcomed by the waiters inside. They're new faces and she barely recognizes them. She roamed around the room until she was greeted by the smile from the person she had been missed.

"Grace!" Na Jaemin waved his hand at her.

She walked towards him and she couldn't lie, it was very nice of him to pull the chair just to help her in in times like this.

She mouthed thank you as she sat there, facing Na Jaemin who sits right in front of her.

"Traffic?"
"Yes, I was thirty minutes late, was I?"

He chuckled, "It's fine, really. You made it here, tho."

"Did Shane say anything on the way home?"
"No. I think he doesn't know that we're meeting here."
"Good."

Grace breathe out as she looked at the board on the top of cashier table. She decided to get a cold beverage for tonight. She'd definitely save her coffee for tomorrow.

"I'll go get the drink." She said and quickly stand up from the chair.

After she paid for the drink, she comes back to their table and found Na Jaemin was typing fast on his phone screen.

"Is it Shane?"

She asked as she pulled the chair and sit.

"No, my Mom. I told her about meeting you here."

Grace was a bit surprised to that but she knew it was nothing than asking him about Shane.

"Are they new?" Grace asked again.

Na Jaemin was confused at first but after seeing Grace was playing with the bill in her hands, he knew about what she meant by it.

"Jeno decided to live with his family again. He had a stable job there and let his brother took the cafe. For the other workers, some of them are living with their new family. I've lost everything I guess, there's only me here."

Grace just chuckled at him.

The meeting was unplanned. Grace was about to ask Jihye to get dinner together but then the notification on her phone has made her change her mind.

She could tell from the look of his face, he looked tired, not to mention about the outfit that he wore— he was so unprepared yet he still looked hot with the only leather jacket and the usual jeans that he always wore. If Grace could be more specific about what's underneath it, she wouldn't mind to elaborate it further.

"Well, I don't know what's gotten into Shane lately but you know, he'd probably choose you over me in the end."

Na Jaemin remained still. He rubbed his forehead as he sighed.