Part 20 | 8PM in Seoul

Na Jaemin startled from the sound of his pen dropped to the floor. Soon he realized that he was shaking and he could feel that his head was spinning. It must be a headache that I got since this morning, he thought.

He took his pen and he couldn't lie, he got dizzy as soon as he bent his body down. He groaned and leaned backward to his chair. He looked at the clock in front of him and it was already 3 pm in the afternoon. Right, he skipped breakfast and lunch.

He got a call last night that the investor asked him to check all the documents that he needed to study first. But, they asked him to sign it by the end of this week and he had no choice but to leave all his work and focused on what he had right now. He even forgot to tell Shane that he couldn't pick him up today. Shane had his football practice today and he promised him to pick him up as soon as he finish his work. But the plans changed, it is almost 4 pm and he wasn't ready to leave his office yet. He was afraid that he couldn't make it on time.

He quickly fished his phone out from his drawer. He checked all the notification and he missed some calls from Grace. It was seven missed call and he quickly called her back.

"Grace?" He called soon after he heard her voice.

"I'm sorry, I haven't finish all my work right now— what is it?"

She sighed and held a long pause. Then, he could hear her chuckles on the phone.

"Just, some random things that I thought I needed to call you for a help."

"And how random was that?"

She laughed, "I forgot how to open the lid of the kettle. Turns out I need to press the button on the top of it."

He chuckled and grinned. He wished that she could see how happy he was right now because of her. "Come on, Professor. You could do better."

"Ugh, stop mocking me! I told you I forgot."

"But seven missed calls? I thought the house was on fire."

"God, stop. I panicked!"

He just laughed and he could hear her sighs and whines to the phone. "Okay, I'll stop."

"Na Jaemin, you're going to pick Shane up, right?"

He sighed as he massaged his temple. "Grace, sorry I forgot to tell you and Shane— I think I couldn't pick him up. I need to finish all the documents now."

Grace remained silent. He could hear her soft breath on the phone. "Grace, I'm sorry—"

"No. It's fine, Na Jaemin. I will ask him to take the bus. Just focus on your work. It's Saturday anyway, there will be a traffic."

"I'm really sorry, Grace. I'll tell him too."

"It's okay. He will understand."

The call ended after Grace asked him to continue to work. Other than that, Grace just needed to hear his voice even though the lame excuse she made was making him laugh. She thought Na Jaemin will never call her back.

Being with Na Jaemin is so addicting. Grace could tell how much she misses him when he was all gone, even when he just went for work. She was all over him and she couldn't lie, she couldn't stay away from him.

Beside sex, she missed the way he treated her as a girlfriend. Na Jaemin would never leave her on read, he texts back, he calls. Do men still open the doors for women? Well, Na Jaemin did.

He will definitely hold the door just for Grace to walk through it. He also opened the door for her to get inside his car.

He treated dinner at the end of the week. Even if it's just some bottles of soju, he will never waste his weekend drinking without her.