Vampires, monsters and a few bombs

Looking down from the balcony of the long abandoned building, the once almost completely deserted and quiet landscape was filled with monstrous -and extremely angry- creatures, surrounded by flames. From that balcony, another small, black object was thrown towards those creatures, being followed by a loud boom noise, completely blowing one of the monsters to bits, even more flames emerging from bellow.

"For fucks sake, Cyrus!" Reia cried out in exasperation, pulling the now grinning man away from the balcony. "Stop throwing bombs everywhere! Are you a vampire or a fucking pyromaniac?" he asked, dodging a piece of flying debris that was thrown from outside the building.

Cyrus's grin only grew wider, a mischievous spark burning in his deep, red eyes. "Why can't I be both?" he asked, preparing to throw yet another bomb towards the menacing creatures outside.

"Stop behaving like kids," Lucius sighed from their left side, throwing a knife at a flying Chimera coming dangerously close to their hiding spot, the blade impaling it directly in its left eye, earning a painful roar. "I think there's a group of humans outside!" he shouted towards the other two. "I'll fight the ones on the left side and protect the people. Cyrus, you take the ones on the right side," Lucius instructed, glancing at Reia.

"I've got it," Reia nodded in reassurance, knowing what Lucius wanted him to do.

Without saying anything else, the three of them jumped from the balcony, going their separate ways towards the creatures. To their right, Cyrus jumped on the back of a griffin, pulling it by its feathers, making the monster let out an angry animalistic scream, a few other griffins and chimeras rushing towards it to help. "Take this, you ugly fucking bird with legs," he shouted, grabbing the griffin by its jaws, forcefully opening its mouth and stuffing a bomb in it. The creature let out a confused yelp, but it was already too late. Cyrus jumped from its back right when it was blown from the inside out, the explosion killing all the other monsters that rushed to help.

To the right, Lucius landed on the dry soil, slashing through the Arachnes (A.N: Arachne is a monster from Greek Mythology; it kinda looks like a spider monster), his movements so fast that you could barely see him. With just a single knife he managed to fight off most of the monsters threatening him.

Both Cyrus and Lucius were holding on just fine, however, from the depths of the dark forest at the border of the village, more monsters were coming, overwhelming the two -that were also trying to keep the humans safe.

"Reia!" Lucius shouted, throwing the lifeless, bloody corpse of a small Basilisk (A.N: snake-like monster) away, looking up.

Jumping from one place to another in the air, looking as if he was walking on nothing, Reia heard his cry. He kicked a Hydra with such force that it flew backwards, smashing through the concrete walls of the building they were hiding in just a few minutes ago. "On it!" Reia answered, biting the back of his own hand with his sharp fangs, a trickle of scarlet blood beginning to drip from the small wound.

Instead of falling to the ground bellow, the blood stopped in mid-air in front of him, forming small droplets of red liquid. Then, those droplets divided into hundreds of small bullet-like balls of blood. Reia flicked his bleeding hand forward, the blood bullets moving on command. "Kill all the monsters," he instructed his own blood -and it obeyed. In the blink of an eye, the remaining monsters in front of him dropped dead, the small blood bullets going through their heads.

Reia landed on the ground next to Cyrus and Lucius, the humans they protected rushing towards them with grateful expressions. "You- You've saved us!" a middle aged farmer cried out, followed by loud cheers from the others.

Lucius and Reia smiled at them, but their happiness was short lived. Cyrus poked Reia's side, pointing towards the forest. The forest from where another smaller wave of monsters were coming.

"You've got to be kidding me," Lucius sighed in annoyance, taking out his knife once again.

Before he could rush towards the creatures, Reia took the knife from his hand, slashing his palm without saying a word, much more blood than before beginning to pour out from the deep cut. Both Lucius and Cyrus looked at him with concerned eyes, but Reia ignored them, giving Lucius his knife back and beginning to form a "rope" from the blood coming out of his wound.

"I'll keep them all in one place. You two just have fun," Reia smiled and winked at them, his already pale complexion whitening even more.

Even thought they wanted to make sure their companion was alright, the two of them rushed towards the monsters, being followed by the blood "rope" Reia had created. The rope twisted around all the creatures, forming a circle around them. Then, that circle tightened around them, roping them in one place. The monsters struggled against the rope, trying to snap it, but their efforts were in vain. Nothing could break the blood rope.

Now not being able to move, Cyrus and Lucius slashed at them with their axe and knife, killing them all in just a few minutes. The blood weapon created by Reia vanished in thin air, leaving behind only the remains of the monsters they had just killed.

"Good job!" Reia praised the two, a bright smile on his face, right before collapsing to the ground, the group of humans around him all gasping.

"That fucking idiot overworked himself again," Cyrus cursed under his breath while rushing towards him.

"Well, that 'fucking idiot' helped us, so stop being a bitch and help me lift him up," Lucius snapped at Cyrus, lifting Reia from the ground, putting his left arm over his shoulder and waiting for the other to do the same with Reia's right arm.

Cyrus rolled his eyes, biting down an insult that was brewing on the tip of his tongue, helping Lucius carry Reia away from the group of humans.

Then, as if just now remembering about them, Lucius looked back towards the people standing there dumbfounded, giving them a friendly smile. "Even though I think we killed all of them, if more monsters come and terrorize your village, file a report asking for The Blood-Mage Hunters. We'll definitely come and help you again!" he promised them, turning back around and continuing to walk away with Cyrus and (the unconscious) Reia.

To be continued...

Welp, those 3 idiots are The Blood-Mage Hunters<3

I hope you liked this first chapter! This was more of like an introductory chapter, where you get to know the three main characters of this story: Reia, Cyrus and Lucius, as well as some of the creatures in the story.

I'll mostly update during weekends, but sometimes I might update on random days (like today LMFAO)

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P