Darkness

When they woke up, they were all laying on big, soft beds in a spacious room with a large window that permitted the gentle rays of sunshine to illuminate the place. Reia was the first to wake up, looking around the room in a confused haze, noticing that Agatha and a few other people were sitting around them with worried expressions on their faces. Then, Cyrus woke up with a groan, rubbing his head. Lucius was the last one to wake up, the wounds he had suffered being neatly wrapped with clean, white bandages.

"Thank God you're all ok!" Agatha breathed out in relief when she noticed they had woken up, getting up from the chair that was positioned next to the bed, taking three plastic bags containing a red liquid and handing them to the vampires. "After you defeated the hydra and you all collapsed, we honestly thought you were dead. But then we noticed that you were still breathing, so we brought you here and mended to your wounds. We immediately called the nearest vampire hospital and asked them to deliver some blood for you," she explained.

The three vampires happily drank from the blood bags, already feeling themselves getting better.

"How long were we unconscious?" Reia asked.

"Two days," Agatha answered, sitting back down on her chair.

He nodded his head, continuing to sip the red liquid. Remembering everything that had happened, Reia suddenly turned his head towards Cyrus. He seemed deep in thought, but it didn't look like he was hurt anywhere.

"Cyrus, are you ok? Your ability awakened," Reia softly asked him.

Before Cyrus could answer, Lucius choke on a mouthful of blood, snapping his head at them with wide eyes. "His ability awakened?" he half asked half yelled. Now that they thought about it, Lucius was passed out when Cyrus's fire ability manifested itself, so he didn't know about it.

Cyrus puffed out his chest with a smug look on his face, pointing his thumb towards himself like a proud kid. "Yup. I used my ability to save your asses," he said, smirking at Lucius, who was staring at him with wide eyes, his mouth slightly agape. "I can control fire."

"I can't believe this idiot managed to draw out his ability before me," Lucius mumbled to himself, shaking his head in disbelief.

"The fuck did you just say?" Cyrus snapped at him, trying to get out of bed and jump at his friend, but one of the ladies in the room quickly hurried over, pushing him back down.

"You still need to rest," she softly said, ignoring Cyrus's grunts of protest.

Reia softly laughed at them, amused by their childish antics, but, despite the easy going attitude everyone had, he truly was glad that they were all ok. Things could have ended way worse if Cyrus hadn't killed the hydra.

"What about you, Lucius? Is your wound ok?" Reia asked him.

The vampire nodded his head, looking down at his bandaged abdomen. "It's fine. It hurt way worse when it bit me, but now it just feels a little sore. They did a good job wrapping me up," he praised the ladies in the room with a friendly smile.

Reia sighed in relief, thankful that Cyrus and Lucius seemed to be ok.

He looked down at his own arm, noticing even more scars there. He already had a lot of scars all over his arms from when he had to use his ability, so he wasn't really phased by it. Just because his blood control healed all his cuts and wounds almost immediately, it didn't mean that they didn't leave scars behind. However, for the sake of his companions, he almost always wore long sleeves to hide them, since he knew it hurt Lucius and Cyrus to see what he had to do to himself just to use his ability. He had way more scars all over his body, but the other two didn't know about them and Reia didn't feel like they needed to either.