Vampire Village

Thick, heavy silence hung in the darkness of the street, the only beings there being Reia, Lucius, Cyrus and the half conscious vampire. There was also a corpse there, but I think we already went over that.

Light poured out of the windows of one of the houses in the neighborhood, a figure coming out through the front door, quickly noticing the scene. "Oh my God!" they shouted, hurrying towards the hurt vampire on the ground. "Victor, are you ok? What happened? I heard you cry and then it sounded like people were fighting," the woman rapidly said, trying her best to stop the other's bleeding.

The three vampires broke out of their trance, finally looking at the vampire they rescued, also hurrying next to him. Seeing them get closer, the woman pulled Victor away, a weary look on her face before her eyes flicked over to Sam's corpse still laying in the middle of the street.

Using all his strength, Victor brought his hand up to her face, reassuringly caressing it. "It's ok. They saved me," he softly said, his voice being followed by a cough.

"We are The Blood-Mage Hunters," Lucius introduced themselves. "We'll get him to a hospital. Please call the police so they can pick up the werewolf's body. Tell them we caught the one behind all the murders that took place," he shortly explained.

Cyrus picked up the injured vampire, giving him a piggy back ride all the way to the hospital.

After that, their job in The Crescent Moon City was over. They stopped the werewolf from killing anymore vampires and brought peace back in the once quiet city, all the citizens knowing their names and praising The Blood-Mage Hunters.

However, none of them felt good about what they had accomplished. Sure, they had stopped Sam, but they failed to save her. She was just another victim of The Biter, but nobody cared about that. People praised them for being their heroes, but they felt like their hands were stained with her blood.

Thankfully, after that mission they didn't have anymore jobs for an entire week, the three of them being able to rest and recover in a city a few miles away from Crescent Moon City. Reia had fully recovered, his magic mana being full. Cyrus also healed the wounds caused by the fight with the werewolf. And Lucius... Well, Lucius constantly argued and picked fights with Cyrus, almost driving Reia to the point of insanity. That was until Reia finally snapped at them, grabbing both Cyrus and Lucius and throwing them out of the small house they had rented and where they were temporarily staying. The two vampires spent exactly 7 hours in the rain, apologizing and begging Reia to let them back in.

After that, Cyrus just quietly worked on his bombs and other inventions, while Lucius looked through case files and police reports, trying to figure out what The Biter was up to. Reia was also thinking about The Biter, but for different reasons. The other two wanted to track him down and find him, but he wanted to get as far away from him as possible. It's not that Reia didn't want to catch and punish the one that had turned the three of them into vampires, completely destroying their lives, but he was afraid. Very, very afraid. Cyrus and Lucius saw the last event as a challenge from The Biter -like he was mocking them. But Reia saw it as a warning. A warning of what he could do just because he wanted to. A warning for the three of them to stay away. He destroyed their lives once, and he could do it again. That's what he was telling them.

"Hey, take a look at this," Lucius suddenly said, making Reia snap out of his thoughts. "We just got another request for a mission. Apparently a group of vampire hunters took over a small vampire village in the north-west," he read the email he had just gotten.

"There's still vampire hunters out there? What's this, the eighteen fucking hundreds?" Cyrus scoffed in annoyance.

Vampire hunters.

Even though humans and other creatures now lived together in harmony, there were still some that opposed that peace. Just like there were some vampires and other beings that still attacked and killed humans, there were also some humans that hunted down and terrorized those beings. Vampire hunters, werewolf hunters, ghost hunters and many others.

These hunters usually weren't just normal humans, but humans that had some sort of powers or abilities -even though they were still extremely weak- in order to be able to kill magical creatures.

Vampire hunters usually targeted Lower Class vampires, since they were the only type that they could dominate and kill with the powers they had. That's why they were now terrorizing a small, insignificant vampire village.

And so, their one week vacation was over and the three of them headed towards that particular village, taking them only a few hours to arrive since they used their vampire speed. They managed to enter it undetected, soon noticing why their help had been requested.

Even though it was a vampire village, vampires were the ones being tormented and killed in the middle of the streets.

"How does it feel, you monster?" one of the vampire hunters asked the vampire that he had kicked to the ground, grabbing him by the hair while another vampire hunter punched him in the face. The vampire coughed blood, imploring them with his eyes to stop. "Let me show you what I can do to disgusting monsters like you," the vampire hunter spoke again, letting go of his hair and pushing his face to the ground, the vampire seeming momentarily relieved that he was being left alone. However, after a moment of peace, the vampire hunter focused the little magic mana he had into a small, dark cloud that hovered over the hurt vampire. Then, small drops of water began pouring out of it. The only problem was that they weren't actually drops of water. The second they touched the vampire's skin, he screamed out in pain, his flesh melting under the touch of the small droplets.

"Acid," Lucius mumbled under his breath, a silent rage on his face as he watched one of his fellow vampires being tortured by the vampire hunter.

"Let's kill those fuckers," Cyrus angrily said, beginning to walk towards the two vampire hunters laughing at the crying vampire, but Reia caught him by his sleeve, stopping him.

"Look around," he said, nodding towards the crowd that had gathered around the two vampire hunters and the vampire on the ground.

That was when Cyrus noticed that almost all of them were cheering or laughing, with the exception of one or two people that had grave, hurt expressions on their faces. "They're all vampire hunters," Reia quietly explained, letting go of Cyrus's sleeve. "If we act now, then they'll all attack us. I'm not saying that we couldn't win, since they all seem to have little to no magic mana at all," he said, turning his gaze towards the vampire hunter that produced the acid cloud -which had disappeared, leaving its creator looking pale and panting, even though he had a big, satisfied grin on his face, "but I don't think we'll be able to protect the vampires that are also here. If we attack the hunters head on right now, then they won't hesitate to kill the vampires here," he finished talking, looking around at the few sad faces in the crowd.

Understanding their situation, Cyrus stepped back with an angry expression on his face.

"We'll have to separate and capture them while they're split apart, right?" Lucius asked, catching onto Reia's plan. The latter nodded in approval.

"They can't be gathered together all the time. From past incidents, vampire hunters usually split into three groups while controlling an area: the ones responsible for the church, the executioners and the ones that are simply having fun by tormenting vampires," Reia explained.

"Good thing there's three of us then," Cyrus grinned wildly, not really understanding anything but sensing that he would be permitted to blow things up and punish some vampire hunters.

To be continued...

Hi! If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P