Embers of destruction

It was as if the entire world was coming to an end. Death, destruction and chaos were reigning over the Kingdom of Cruxesta after the "king" suddenly began attacking and putting down any other leaders, bringing a full on war to all the cities and villages in the kingdom with an army of vampires that followed his every order. But most of the destruction wasn't made by that army, but by a single person instead. "The blood warrior", as the people called him. This entire war was possible just because of that single person. Under Aragoth's control, he killed hundreds of citizens that refused to bow down to the cruelty of their king.

Lucius and Cyrus knew "The blood warrior" all too well. To them, he wasn't just another ruthless puppet of the king's. To them, he was family. He was Reia. And it was killing them that they were so powerless-that they couldn't bring him back.

It has been three months since Aragoth gained his control back over Reia, who sacrificed himself for the safety of his friends. During those three months, Lucius and Cyrus trained every single day, learning to control their powers, a single thought in their minds: to bring their Reia back and to kill the person that dared to hurt him for so long.

Since the war started, people quickly noticed that "The Blood-Mage Hunters" that have protected them for so long lost one of their members. Most of them didn't know that "The blood warrior" that was bringing so much death to the battle fields and the 3rd member of The Blood-Mage Hunters were one and the same person, however, a few people realized it- the people from Crescent Moon City, from the Vampire Village, Birch Lake and the villagers of Mountain Obsidian. All the people that they recently helped came to them as soon as they heard the news about the king and his Blood Warrior. Lucius and Cyrus explained everything to them. That was how the Rebellion Army formed.

They fought against the king's army, helping and saving as many innocent civilians as possible, but Reia's power was out of control. Now that Aragoth was controlling him again, Reia fully unleashed his power, bringing destruction everywhere he went. When Lucius and Cyrus managed to stop the king's army in one city, news about The Blood Warrior destroying another one came to them. And this game of destruction and restoration kept going for the entirety of these three months.

Now, the Kingdom of Cruxesta was completely at the mercy of Aragoth. With his army of vampires and ruthless Blood Warrior, no one dared go against him. At least not in broad daylight. However, in the darkness of the night, in secluded corners of the kingdom, the Rebellion Army-led by Lucius and Cyrus- was plotting and preparing to end this war.

All of the people they managed to save agreed to join them and help them however they could. And, slowly but surely, the two vampires created a pretty impressive army formed of vampires, humans, werewolves, elves and other creatures, all of them determined to stop the king from bringing any more tyranny to this kingdom.

Besides wanting to kill the king, Lucius and Cyrus's main goal was saving Reia. However, they knew that if they were to face Aragoth and Reia at the same time, they were unlikely to win. They had gotten more powerful since the day Reia left, but they still weren't confident of winning against him now that he had no control over himself-or at least not with all three of them coming out alive.

That was why Lucius, the strategist of the Rebellion Army, came up with a plan. They knew that the king was currently attacking the south-east region of the kingdom, so a good part of his army of vampires would be there. Reia was known to currently be in the east, making a path for the army. So, Lucius and Cyrus would send a portion of the Rebellion Army to the south-east to fight against the vampire army and protect the people there. That way, the king would think that they were there too. They would let Reia continue advancing in the east, since they couldn't send their own people there because it would basically mean sacrificing them. Meanwhile, Lucius and Cyrus with the rest of their army would infiltrate the palace using Lucius's teleportation ability and kill the king.

Was the plan reckless? Yes. Absolutely. But they all knew it was their only chance. And they were willing to take that risk.

"You sure you can do it three times?" Cyrus asked Lucius as they were preparing for the battle.

Lucius nodded his head, determination clear in his eyes. "I've trained for three months. I'm not as weak as I was before. I can do it, so don't worry," he reassured the vampire, walking towards the Rebellion Army, which was divided in two groups. Some of them left earlier to go to the south-east.

Since it would take way too much magical mana to teleport all of them at once, Lucius was going to teleport half the army, then teleport back here and teleport the rest too. This way he wouldn't over exhaust himself as much. It was risky and dangerous since he wouldn't have much mana left, but it was the only way.

"All right. It's time," he told the first half of the army. They all cheered for him, determined to end this war once and for all.

Lucius closed his eyes, the darkness around him coming to life, swallowing them. It only took a second for all of them to appear in the palace, unnoticed by any of the guards. Lucius let the darkness engulf him again, coming back to where Cyrus and the rest of the army was waiting.

"You alright?" Cyrus asked him with a concerned expression. Lucius looked a little pale, but there was a fiery determination in his eyes. He was going to see this plan through, even if it meant putting himself in danger.

Without responding, he used his ability to teleport for a third time, bringing all of them to the palace. He could feel the strain on his body and mind, but he stubbornly remained standing. "We'll proceed as planned. The first half is already dealing with the guards and vampire army in the left side of the castle. You go to the right. Create a path for us. Me and Cyrus will head straight for the king," Lucius reexplained the plan. The Rebellion Army nodded their heads, immediately dashing through the darkness.

Lucius and Cyrus stood in silence for a few seconds, looking at each other. They knew it might be the last time they were both alive and together, so they enjoyed these last few moments of peace.

"Let's go kill that motherfucker," Cyrus said with a serious, determined look in his eyes.

Lucius smirked at him, nodding his head.

Then they both walked straight into the darkness, going towards what was either going to be their salvation or their demise.

To be continued...

Hi! First of all, I want to apologize for how long it took me to update. These past couple of weeks I've been really busy, and then I got sick and I lowkey felt like I was dying LMFAO But now I'm better, so I'll update the LAST CHAPTER either today or in the next few days<3

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote it! :P