Chapter 2

Satin couldn't move an inch as Nebula was walking away. She felt her whole body grow cold and thought she would cry. Nebula had just helped her. She said she would have done the same for anyone but she helped her nonetheless. And despite everything she was leaving her for Imeena again. She watched Nebula hug and comfort the crying child with shaking hands. This was so unfair. Why couldn't it be Satin? Why couldn't Nebula smile at her too? Why couldn't she hug her and comfort her? Why did she look at her with such cold eyes? She wanted Nebula's love too. She yearned for it with all her heart. What did she have to do to make her smile at her? She wanted Nebula to be happy by her side.

Satin was waiting for the sisters to come every day and would follow them around while staring at Nebula. Imeena seemed to really like this new turn of events and continued blushing the whole day but Nebula on the other hand couldn't stop frowning. She only smiled when her sister looked her way and would go back to pouting the next. Satin could perfectly read what she was thinking but couldn't stop following her. After a few weeks, Nebula went back to ignoring Satin and the crown princess didn't understand why she was being so obsessed with Nebula. It took her days to understand and it was only thanks to her maids who were talking about how much Imeena loved her. It was the first time that Satin really looked at Imeena that day and she noticed how she was acting around her. Imeena couldn't stop staring at Satin and would blush every time Satin looked her way.

What shocked Satin was that she acted the same way around Nebula. She couldn't stop staring at her and felt strange every time Nebula turned in her direction. She never looked at her and Satin was dying for her to pay attention to her. As they were drinking tea together, Nebula noticed that her sister's cup was empty and quickly served her more tea which made Imeena smile. The next second, Satin swallowed her boiling tea in one go and extended her empty cup towards Nebula. The maids got scared because of how hot the tea was and wanted to check on Satin but the crown princess just pushed them away, still staring at Nebula.

The latter finally looked at Satin and frowned while staring at the cup. She didn't move an inch and just continued staring without budging. Satin crumbled under Nebula's gaze but at the same time felt happier than ever. She put her cup down defeated and thought she would cry but at the same time she could still feel Nebula looking at her and wanted to laugh. The maids didn't understand what was going on and thought Satin was sick therefore taking her away. Satin wanted Nebula to stay longer but this had been the longest interaction they ever had and she kept replaying the scene again and again in her mind.

The next day Nebula decided to make a flower crown for her sister which made Imeena beam. Seeing the little girl with something Nebula made on her head, Satin thought she would go crazy. She wanted to rip Imeena's hair out and keep that crown forever. She had to cast a spell on it so that the flowers would never wither. She was ready to snatch it away but Nebula was quicker and slapped Satin's hand away. The servants gasped and yelled at Nebula saying that she couldn't hit the crown princess. Nebula just stared at them not one bit sorry and seeing her sister get reprimanded, Imeena started crying. Satin hated that kid. Why was she so loud? And how dare people reprimand Nebula? Satin was so angry that she fired everyone on the spot. The two sisters stared at her bewildered:

"You can't do that."

Nebula finally talked to her! Satin thought she would faint.

"You can't fire people without a reason.

-Okay."

And so the maids weren't fired. Nebula didn't understand why the crown princess was acting so weird and just did her best to go back to her sister. But Satin was always interrupting them. When they would read a book, Satin would sit between the two. Nebula wanted to say something but Imeena seemed very happy to be next to Satin so she held back. When they would do a running competition, Satin wouldn't hold back from pushing Imeena to the ground so she would be the only one running with Nebula. The latter of course immediately went to help her sister and Satin stayed alone, pouting.