Chapter 9

I woke up with sweat flowing down from my temple. My breathing was hectic and I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. I needed a few minutes to calm down and focused on breathing in and out slowly. I finally calmed down and got out of bed to get myself a glass of cold water. My throat was so dry that I needed to swallow twice to get the liquid down. After three glasses, I finally felt a bit better.

"Nebula?"

Hearing me run out of my room, Persimmon came out of his own room to check if I was okay. I forced myself to smile while putting the glass down:

"Everything is fine, I'm sorry I woke you up. I was just very thirsty."

Persimmon was still half asleep and I wasn't even sure that he could hear what I was saying. He just nodded and closed his door going back to sleep. Now that I was alone, I went back to my panic. My dream had been very vivid and eye opening. That was the least we could say. I saw parts of my past life. Nothing big. I didn't remember my past name or my past face but I saw myself reading a book. That book's title was : How to save the tyrant's mother. It was a tragic love story between the crown princess and her fiance, the main character. The two of them had been engaged since their childhood and the main character had fallen deeply in love with the crown princess at first sight. Being a shy and warm hearted person, every reader wished for her happiness. However the crown princess hated her fiance. She hated how much she clung to her and did her best to get rid of her. This didn't discourage the main character one bit and she even managed to get married to the crown princess and have her first night with her.

After the first night, the main character got pregnant and hearing about the news, the crown princess told her that she would kill that kid the second it came out. She didn't really mean it and only wanted to scare her away as usual and she finally succeeded. The main character had to protect her child and ran away terrified of what would happen to her if she stayed. The crown princess was very happy when she heard about the news but years later, when the main character and the crown princess crossed paths by accident, the crown princess, now Empress, immediately regretted her actions. She fell deeply in love with the main character but the latter turned the page and didn't want to have anything to do with the Empress anymore. She discovered her feelings too late and did everything she could to make things right but the main character didn't have any feelings for her anymore. It was too late.

The Empress would do anything to keep the main character and their child by her side at the castle. Because of this, the main character would get killed because of some rebels and she would die in the Empress's hands. The latter would be devastated and would start hating their child. The little girl looked exactly like her mother and seeing her was way too hard for the Empress. Therefore she started neglecting the child not bearing that sight. She didn't want to get close to her and would send her away calling that poor child : "that thing". The Empress would do everything possible to bring her wife back to life and at the end of the book she would manage to. However until then the new main character would become their child. The latter would need years to form ties with the Empress just like the latter needed time to understand her feelings towards the main character.

Just seeing images of a book that I read in my past life wasn't something to be that shocked about. Realizing that reincarnation existed was in fact shocking but if that was all, I wouldn't have been in that state. What was the most shocking about this book was that the name of the Empress was Satin Serphent and the name of her wife was Imeena Wyrm. I immediately understood that I reincarnated in that book and knew that Imeena was going to die and Satin was going to neglect their daughter. I had to save my sister. I couldn't let her die. I haven't talked to her for five years after what she tried to do to me but that didn't mean that I wanted her to die. Was I too late? Was she already dead? I had to go back there right now. I would have known if she had died, right? Someone would have told me, right? Now that I was thinking about it I was doubtful. Who would have told me? No one knew where I was.