Chapter 6 - Injury

The vine snapped under y/n's hold.

She screamed, falling down the wall with incredible speed. The boys below her shouted out.

Y/n grabbed at the stone. The vines. The leaves were ripped down under her grip. She wasn't slowing down. The ground was coming closer, could someone catch her? That wouldn't work, it would be stupid.

Y/n foot tangled into some greenery and she gripped a vine with her hand. It was only for a small split second but it slowed her down, and gave her a chance to grab more greenery and come to a full stop.

Then her shoulder yanked violently and her leg twisted against the wall. Y/n grimaced and grew lightheaded, but kept her tight grip on the vines.

She began to lower herself down and saw the boys relieved faces. Y/n's arms were burning but she woudnt let go until the very end. She was holding her injured leg a bit away from the wall, fearing when she would have to land on it.

And the pain was really something else when she did. She expected to simply stand on the grass a bit shaken, and catch her breath. But her legs gave out.

Y/n yelped in pain, but before she could hit the ground Minho lurched forward and caught her. He was concerned and when seeing her injured leg he lowered her to the ground. The boys were all hovering around y/n shivering form with concern and curiosity.

Y/n didn't notice it at all. The pain was like fire. Like poles repeatedly hitting her leg. She cringed as a new wave of pain made it all worse. She leaned her head into Minho's chest and began to cry.

Minho held her in his arms, glancing at her leg. It was jutting out a slight bit the wrong way. It looked really bad, and painful. Minho coudn't help but think that this was his fault.

Alby rushed over through the group circling Minho and y/n. He saw her leg and was shocked, then he turned to Minho who was comforting y/n.

Alby raised his eyebrows. He remembered the words Minho had spoken to her in the morning. But Minho only looked down in shame.

He tangled his hand in y/n's hair and lifted her chin with a soft touch. She gazed into his eyes.

"Make it stop" was all she could choke out.

That only made it more clear that they had a first-aid kit and that was all. Jack was dead and he was closest thing to any kind of doctor they had. This was not going to be good.

"Newt go get some wood and Gally get a first aid kit. Frypan you have some ice packs right?" To y/n's relief, Alby took charge of situation.

As the boys ran off, he crouched down and placed his hand on y/n's shoulder.

"That was stupid of you y/n, but now we know" He tried to comfort her but he did not succeed.

"But at was cost" y/n whispered, her voice as shaky as a leaf.

Minho rubbed y/n's shoulders, who didn't seem to mind. She must've forgotten that he had been so mean to her in morning.

Alby sighed and stood up again. Newt had returned with the supplies for a splint. The newest problem was the lack of pain medication they had. Frypan did find an ice pack but that woudnt do much. They could all see the agony y/n was in with her leg still.

But they had to do something. That seemed to be a recurring theme in the Glade. Do what they could because they coudnt not do anything.

Minho held y/n tightly. Whispering encouragements in her ear as the boys position them selves to splint her left leg.

They placed two wooden boards on the sides of her leg, from her ankle to just above her knee. The physical contact in the area of her injury was already overwhelmingly painful for y/n.

She really did try to breath through it. She tried so hard not to yelp in pain when she wanted to. They began wrapping a bandage tightly around her leg, securing the splint in place.

And thats when she broke. She whimpered and clutched Minho's shirt so hard it bent her short nails. She would shout out with every movement the boys made her leg go through.

"Shh, its alright y/n" Minho whispered to her.

"Were almost done" Newt reassured her.

All the boys hated seeing a fellow Glader like this. Y/n had quickly become the mother figure of the Glade. She answered their questions and was kind, caring and friendly. Everyone but Gally didn't dare flirt with her because that would bring out her angry side. And that was a bit frightening.

Newt ripped the thin bandage and sighed with relief as he taped it down. They were done.

Y/n groaned, finally able to breath fully. She gripped Minho's arms and melted into his touch. He was relieved too, thanking Newt and Alby for their work.

They sat there for a moment, taking in the situation. Sure, they had all arrived in a random area with walls all around and no help, but this was scary new territory.

A Glader was dead. And now one was severely injured. They desperately needed a proper doctor here. But they had to keep trying to escape. They would die out here. Not even from old age because who knows what freaky stuff would happen here. This wasn't the end of it.

Y/n didn't care to worry about any of that because the pain definitely hadn't gone anywhere. She felt a bit better with the splint preventing her leg from moving any further, but a strange pulsing of pain was still ailing her.

The boys began to work out how they could get her from there to homestead to then probably stay in bed for the next few weeks.

Minho hated the idea of making her stand up, and seeing the pain she was already in, he knew walking would only increase it. Could he carry her?

Yes, he would. This was all unacceptable. It was his fault they were in this situation. He had said so many mean things and his face was now contorted with guilt. He would have to apologize... in private. Maybe he could tell y/n how he felt...

Minho stood up, keeping a hand on her shoulder. She slumped against his legs, her eyes shut tight with nothing more to concentrate on than the pain.

Minho then leaned over and snaked his arms under her knees and shoulders. He picked her up, trying to avoid jostling her leg but it was inevitable.

Y/n winced in pain with every step Minho took towards the homestead. Alby was following close by and Newt had gone off to prepare a bed for y/n. The other boys were hovering around but eventually made their way to continue their jobs for the evening.

Y/n suddenly felt lightheaded. Minho was truly trying to take level and slow steps but this was painful. Minho noticed that she was beginning to grow limp and begged for to stay awake.

But in his desperation he made a slight unexpected movement causing an all new level of pain to spread through y/n's leg.

And the last thing she saw was the gladers names she had carved on the stone wall. With two simple lines, someone had crossed out the name: Jack.

A/n: someone at my school is literally identical to Minho and I don't know what to feel about it

Revision a/n: the guy who looks like Minho according to my friends descriptions has literally the same personality as Minho.

We were joking that his name would be like the letters from Minho just arranged in a different way but it wasn't. Still pretty crazy tho.

- San-san❤️