Chapter 7 - Confession

Y/n woke up in her bedroom to the sound of the maze doors opening. She had been given her own room after moving to sleep in homestead because was the only girl.

Her head was aching but the larger pain was in her leg. It was definitely broken.

It still hurt like hell, but the pain was significantly more tame than yesterday. Y/n had quite literally passed out in Minho's arms from the intensity.

He had been so gentle with her the previous evening. And y/n appreciated it. But he still owed her an apology. And she owed him one as well. It was all so complicated. Not to mention that she still had a crush on him...

Y/n opened her eyes to find the sun already shining into homestead. She shifted a bit. Her shoes had been taken off and a light blanket had been laid on top of her.

Y/ns injured leg was elevated on a small pillow, one behind her head as well. The splint the boys had installed around her leg was still in place.

She coudn't help but despair. Her leg was broken, and they had no experienced or trained doctor. They had no advanced medicine. No proper equipment. It would take weeks for y/n to begin walking again. This was the worst possible time for an injury, they had just gotten the Glade system going.

Y/n heard voices outside of her bedroom and tried to position herself somewhat presentable. Then she recognized the voices. Minho and Alby were approaching homestead talking about frypan's breakfast.

For a moment y/n hoped that they wouldn't enter her room but then she heard on their hands on her door handle.

Y/n made a split second decision. She closed her eyes and relaxed the best she could, pretending to be asleep.

And soon as the boys walked in she felt stupid. Pretending to be asleep? Unfortunately she had already commited to the act.

"Oh" Alby quiteted his conversation with Minho when he saw that y/n was "asleep".

Y/n felt uncomfortable. Her eyes were twitching. She lay there for a moment trying to calm down. But then she felt a hand grasp hers and curiosity bloomed in her chest.

"This is bad Alby" Minho sounded close, he was the one holding her hand.

"She's just sleeping, you should too. You've been with her all night" Alby scorned, fiddling with a bag in his hand.

Y/n nearly gasped outloud, letting out a small breath. She played it off as simply shifting her position an inch and falling back asleep.

Had Minho really sat with her the whole night? Holding her hand like right now? Y/n hated to think that she had caused him to loose sleep, but was also... flattered.

Every second she wanted to be mad at Minho and blame him for everything but then her stomach would flutter whenever she looked at him. And she would whish they were something more than friends.

If only Alby would leave and they could figure all of this out...

"Not only that Alby. We dont have a doctor, it could not heal properly-" Minho was growing flustered, he began playing with y/n's hair.

"Dude she'll be fine" Alby reassured him.

Y/n was on the very edge. She was admittedly curios to hear more of what the boys did while she was "sleeping", but she also hated sort of... lying to them.

Thats when Alby said this:

"You fancy her or something?" He was half joking.

Y/n held her breath. She had to keep it together. She had always said to herself that Minho could never like her but if Alby thought it possible?