Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Harry's announcement clearly shocked the occupants of the room. If possible the eyes of the new arrivals widened even further and Dorea frowned at her surrogate son, "I thought we agreed to ease them into it."

"That was before they started accusing Uncle Charlus of things he didn't do." Harry returned heatedly glaring at Arcturus Black.

The man did have the decency to look apologetic, "Nothing else made immediate sense. I am sorry, Charlus."

Charlus merely waved his hand in dismissal looking at his brother and sister-in-law with a concerned expression, "Monty, are you okay?"

The man swallowed hard before nodding, "You are James' son?"

Harry tried to offer a friendly smile, before nodding encouragingly, "I am. Born on the 31st of July, 1980."

Euphemia put a hand over her mouth, "That's younger than I would've imagined our boy having children."

"Extenuating circumstances I am afraid." Harry said carefully.

Melania Black questioned him immediately, "Why is it you are here?"

"I unintentionally went 20 years into the past when I was killed just a few days ago by Death Eaters, the followers of the Dark Lord known as Voldemort. Voldemort killed my parents, many of my friends, Charlus, Dorea, and possibly you and Lord Black as well. I am afraid I am uncertain of how you died in my timeline, but I know he killed a few members of your family, so I wouldn't be surprised. Now I am here to minimize casualties and kill this bastard before he takes it all from me again." Harry explained carefully.

Euphemia shook her head immediately, "You are too young to fight. You can't be much older than James."

Unable to control his temper Harry shot back, "I've been in this fight since I was a year old. It is my destiny to kill this man."

Raising his hand to his head Harry pushed the hair off his forehead revealing his lightning bolt scar, "The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies, and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not, and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives. The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies."

The entire room froze at his proclamation. Dorea put a hand on her chest, and looked heartbroken by his words, "You didn't tell us there was a prophecy."

Harry was going to answer the accusation, but Charlus beat him to it, "Because it doesn't matter. The words say it has to be him, but even if they were never uttered Harry would have gone after the man. I know, because I would do the same thing."

Turning to face the young man he would be calling son he said, "I had fully intended to take the bastard out myself, but it seems he is spoken for. You will be ready for him when the time is right."

Arcturus immediately waved his hands in the air, "Wait a damn moment. There is still a lot of explaining to do."

Fleamont nodded his head, "We need to hear your story, Harry. We need to understand what happened to all of us, and what happened to you that led us to this moment."

There were some nods of assent and Harry took a deep breath before beginning his tale. He spared no details of the rise of Voldemort, and started all the way back in Halloween of 1981. Throughout the story of his life, Harry noted that Fleamont and Euphemia were not like Charlus and Dorea. His aunt and uncle had kept very calm and cool facades throughout the story of his life, but at many points, his grandparents seemed very upset.