Chapter 2 - Morning classes

Defense against the dark arts was a class you liked due to the participation of your best friend, Natsai Onai. She arrived at Hogwarts during the curriculum, just like you, which made both of you bound quite quickly.

- "Hi Natty! How are you doing?" You rushed to her.

- "Good morning! I am fine, always ready for some spell casting and sparing! And you ?" She grinned.

- "Could have been better, actually..." You spouted.

- "Are you referring to the current rumors? I am not aware of their source, but I know you enough to be sure you would have told me beforehand about something of the sort." She smirked and poked you with her elbow.

- "It is Poppy and Lenora, they got carried away." You sighed.

- "I wonder what made them think so... Are you involved with anything Weasley related? I mean, I did not knew you two were clo-"

Professor Hecat walked in the room, which you were grateful for. Natsai was starting to suspect your interaction with Weasley, and clever as she was, she would not have taken long before figuring things out.

- "Good morning class. Today we will practice a new spell called Homenum Revelio!" Announced professor Hecat "Find a partner and get in position."

A big grin started to form on your face, which you rapidly noticed and tried to hide under an impassable look.

Homenum Revelio was a charm allowing its caster to acknowledge the presence of other humans in a vicinity. Which could be of use regarding your afternoon expedition.

You spend the whole lesson practicing the spell thoroughly with Natsai, surprised by your sudden implication in defense against the dark arts.

Not realizing the clock was turning and your arithmancy class was starting shortly, you rushed to your next lesson and waved Natsai goodbye. Hoping you will not be late.

Arithmancy was just beginning and the last available seat was next to Weasley. Great. Now you knew it would be impossible to count on your seatmate's ability to help you with the subject.

- "Oh! Thank god you are here! Nobody wants to sit next to me, and I do not understand a thing the professor says." Weasley sighed in relief.

- "Well... I guess that makes two of us?" You tried.

Garreth sended you a stare, finally understanding the kind of situation he was in. You did not have time to reply as you heard two giggles behind you. When you turned, you easily found the source of the noise. Poppy and Lenora. You immediately mimic them to be quiet, what they kind of did, or at least tried.

- "They do not seem to plan on leaving us be." Whispered Weasley.

- "Well, if Mr Gryffindor could have been less suspicious when we were trying to lay low, we might not have been in this situation." You rolled your eyes.

Weasley childishly stuck his tongue out, making you laugh out loud.

- "What is that? Not happy to hear the truth?" You comment while giving him a nudge.

- "WhAt is tHAt? Not hApPy to hEar the trUTh?" He mimicked, giving you your nudge back.

- "Attention please!" The professor hit their folder on the table "It seems not everybody is paying attention. That will be five points for both Gryffindor AND Hufflepuff!"

You gasped and glared at Weasley's stupid smiling face. He did not seem bothered by the loss of points, after all, it was a habit of his.

The rest of the lesson went on like a regular arithmancy class. But with Weasley in the guise of a seatmate, none of you understood a thing.

You could not repress a slight sigh of relief at the sound of the bell. Garreth doing the smile made you chuckle.

- "I am going to my common room before lunch. See you at two!" You whispered to inform him.

- "See you at two!" He replied before you left.

Poppy and Lenora were on your feets as you walked away.

- "You seem rather close to Weasley." observed Poppy.

- "Yes indeed! And he seems rather close to you too!" Added Lenora.

You rolled your eyes. It was impossible to breathe with those two. But at least you were less embarrassed since it was starting to get old.

- "Girls please, we are just becoming friends! I assure you there is nothing going on between us!" You affirmed.

They pouted, not wanting to insist if you were not having it, but disappointed the mysterious love story came to an end this fast.

You went to the Hufflepuff common room to catch up with Adelaide before going to the grand hall.

You finished lunch a little early and headed to the grand staircase where Weasley was waiting for you while finishing some cream puffs he snitched.

- "Hey!" You waved.

- "Oh! Hey!" He turned towards you with his mouth full "Sorry, I am not finished. You want some?" He handed you the last cream puff.

- "You do not have to say it twice!" You took the dessert "Thank you!".

As you started eating, Weasley pulled out a map, which made your eyes widen.

- "Oh please, do not look at me like that! I can be prepared, you know!" He huffed and then started explaining to you how you will take a secret passage through Hogwarts, as he will be going directly to Hogsmeade to do the diversion.

You finished your dessert and were ready to go. Even if it was a little mischievous, the idea of taking a secret passage to steal dried Billywig Stings was quite exciting!

- "Alright let's go!" Weasley exclaimed.