Chapter 3 - Billywig Stings

The statue of the one-eyed witch was just in front of you and Weasley should be on his way to Hogsmeade by now.

"Dissendium" you tapped the figure with your wand and descending stairs started to appear one by one. After a deep breath you took the newly appeared secret passage.

Everything was pitch black before torches started to lit themselves. The passage was indeed vast and rather dusty, making you caught a little as you went down.

It took you a little stroll to came to a lift, broken it seemed, but nothing irreparable. You draw a shape with your wand and vocalized with conviction "Reparo!". Broken wood and metal started to fly in the air, coming back to where they once were.

- "Perfect! It shall be of use now!" you proudly declared.

You tried to put just a foot first, to ensure yourself of the lift sturdiness. Once you were certain, you finally hopped on it, maneuvering the lever to allow the mechanism to work. The elevator rumbled and started to descend to Merlin knows where.

The metal cage hit the ground and dim light let you distinguish a mine like tunnel filled with spiderwebs. You used Incendio so much to get rid of the cobwebs that your wand started to feel hot. This was certainly a journey you will remember.

After what felt like an hour you finally reached the end of the maze with what appeared to be a bridge leading to a door. That must be the passage to Honeydukes Weasley talked to you about. Remembering your morning's defense against the dark arts class you casted Homenum Revelio but no presence was revealed, which resulted in a sigh of relief from your part.

You walked through the door, unveiling Honeydukes' cellar. Finding dry Billywig Stings should not be too hard, so you began your research. In a few minutes of time you had your hands on the desired ingredient. Now the complicated part will be to leave the basement unnoticed.

Suddenly, an explosion resonated upstairs and Weasley bursted open the door opening onto the shop.

- "Come quick! We do not have much time!" He grabbed your hand and dragged you with him.

You were too stunned to speak and just followed him obediently.

Five minutes later, you both stopped next to the forbidden forest to catch your breaths.

- "What was that?!" You shouted, still in shock.

- "Oh that? I told you I was good at distractions!" Garreth grinned "Do not worry, I just threw a bunch of Dungbombs in there. Nothing harmful really."

You burst out laughing, the situation was ridiculous. You spent an hour if not more roaming in a weird underground secret passage for Weasley to throw a bunch of explosives in a poor store instead of just buying Billywig Stings.

Garreth cracked up too, and you too were unstoppable.

- "Who would have thought a Hufflepuff could be this mischievous?" He said between two laughs.

- "You are the one to talk! You just threw bombs in a shop!" You could not stop giggling to the point it was hurting your stomach.

When you finally calmed down you handed your findings to Weasley.

- "I hope it will be enough! Regarding the current state of Honeydukes, I am not sure we could get more right away!" You smirked.

- "It is more than enough, thanks!" Weasley grabbed the ingredients "Are you finished with mischiefs for today, or would you care to join me in the potion classroom? Any help on making my new beverage will be appreciated!" He nudged you.

- "I am in a happy mood, lead the way!" You poked him in return and both of you sneaked back in Hogwarts.

By this hour most students were either in additional classes or their common rooms, so the coast was clear. Weasley and you managed to slip in the classroom and Professor Sharp did not seem to be there.

- "Perfect! Nobody on sight!" Garreth smiled, went to his station and started his concoction.

- "Tell me if you need anything." You informed him, taking a look around the room.

Everything was well organized and some ingredients were locked. You tried to cast Alohomora just to see, but as expected it did not work.

- "Could you help me, please?" Weasley called.

- "Yes! What is the matter?" You came to see what he needed.

- "Could you stir the brew while I prepare the dried Billywig Stings? If you do not mind of course!" He asked gently.

- "I do not mind!" You replied before grabbing the wooden spoon and starting to mix.

Weasley on his side began to separate, crush and cut his ingredients. When he was done he came back to you.

- "Oh! You have to be more confident when stirring. Here! Let me show you!" He placed himself behind you and grabbed your hand to demonstrate you the correct movement.

- "I think I am starting to catch it!" You proudly declare.

- "Yes, you are doing really well!"

Garreth added the remaining ingredients and finished the brew before taking a sniff out of it.

- "It does not smell bad. I think this might be a big success!" He was content with his work.

- "Indeed! The scent is even rather nice!" You complimented.

A part of the liquid was poured in two glasses and both of you cheered before giving it a go. The drink was nice indeed, sugary but not too sweet.

- "I have to say, you are kind of an expert when you do things right!" You noted while finishing your beverage.

- "I told you, I am a prodi-"

The door slammed open and professor Sharp walked in the room to the sight of you two, and the mess you made. You both pursed your lips immediately, afraid of the position you might be in.

- "Could you explain to me what is going on in my classroom?" Professor Sharp hissed.

- "We were making a new potion of mine..." Weasley locked eyes with the ground.

- "It is more of a drink professor! We were experimenting with a new kind of beverage to propose during the school events. The current choices being quite limited." You tried to argue.

- "Yes, keep going..." The professor raised an eyebrow.

- "You see, Weasley here, thought maybe allowing a wider variety of drinks could allow students that might not be interested in the current options to show up. Therefore making our events more popular." You continued "And as he needed assistance with the brew, I offered him my help."

- "This is surely a nice idea that needs to be pursued. I will let you both work on that, as long as my classroom is not damaged." Sharp smiled and turned tail "We love a little creativity when it is well done. Might as well give you points if you succeed." And he left.

Weasley looked at you in shock. He thought you two were done for, but you managed to turn the tables.

- "Woah! This went well! I was so scared!" You shivered.

- "Well?! That went amazing! How did you do that?" He finally let out.

- "I do not know. I just kind of went with the flow?" You confessed.

Weasley laughed and gave you a high five.

- "Now we can make brews for the school! It is wonderful!"

- "It could be funny!" You chuckled.

- "I guess we are friends now! Or is a couple of times still not enough?" He laughed.

- "You bet we are friends!" You splashed a drop of the brew on him, resulting in more laughs.