Chapter 7 - Library's restricted area

- "By the way, why do you need to go into the Library's restricted area?" you questioned Weasley.

- "Shush! Not so loud!" he whispered "I need a special potion book. But the librarian will not give it to me."

- "You sure there is not a reason for that?"

- "Oh come on! You know I am a prodigy!"

You rolled your eyes, there was no point in trying to stop him when he wanted something. You cursed your loyalty, preventing you from letting him deal with it alone. The coast to the library was clear so the two of you sneaked in easily. The librarian was also absent, leaving you to roam completely freely. Finding the key to the restricted area was not an easy task as it was not in the desk's drawers.

- "I cannot find it." huffed Garreth.

- "Wait, let me see!"

You look through the office, lifting up every little piece of paper. It was nowhere to be found.

- "Dammit! Where is it?" you huffed.

- "And we cannot use Alohomora either..."

- "Why not ?" you rose an eyebrow.

- "Sebastian did it too many times..."

- "Ugh! That boy I swear!"

Garreth examined the space with you, casting Revelio every now and then in case it might help. Suddenly you pinched your chin in a pensive expression. You had a idea.

- "Follow me, Garreth!"

The boy executed himself, a little confused. You lead him to the restricted area door without the key. Weasley stares at you squinting his eyes. His confused expression looked rather cute.

- "Uh... How do you... I mean... It is a door." he hesitated.

- "Yes Garreth, it is a door. But do you notice something?"

- "It is... Closed?"

You facepalmed in a sigh. He was great at potion, sure, but might have been the kind of kid who knew the taste of colored pencils. You pointed at the top of the gate, revealing the amount of space between the door and the ceiling. Weasley pursed his lips, looking at you with pure incertitude.

- "There is space to... ?" you tried to stimulate his brain.

- "Lower the ceiling?"

- "Merlin, tell me you are doing it on purpose!" you snapped "We can go through there, Garreth!"

The ginger let out a long sound of realization, making you groan once more.

- "It was not easy to understand!" he argued "You are not the best at rebus!"

- "Yes, sure. Now help me up!"

The boy executed himself and you went over the gate, cautiously falling on the other side. He looked at you, not sure how he could join you. His expression was broken by the Levioso you casted on him. In no time, both of you were in the restricted area.

- "See? No need for a key!" you smirked.

- "I knew bringing you was a good idea!" he observed while nudging you "Now, let's go down!"

You descended the stairs, accessing a library you never saw before. It was filled with ancient books of all kinds, some scarier than others. The tips of your fingers run along their backs, curious of what they might contain. Your partner in crime was already rummaging the room, leaving a mess behind.

- "Be careful! We would not want the librarian to notice we came here!"

Weasley kept going as you tidied after him.

- "There it is!" he beamed.

In his hands was a copper rusty book. You looked at him over his shoulder, a little puzzled of what it might be. The boy browsed through the pages, a big smile on his lips.

- "What is it?" you questioned.

- "Moste Potente Potions!" he answered.

You raised an eyebrow. His explanation did not help you a bit. He scoffed and petted your shoulder.

- "Who is the smart one now?"

A shiver of annoyment went through your spine. But as you were about to replicate, he interrupted you.

- "It is a potion book, it contains all kinds of recipes. For whom are able to make them."

Your expression left room for perplexity and interest.

- "What do you need it for?"

Weasley could not answer as clutter resonated upstairs. The boy grabbed your arm to hide you behind a crate.

- "Be quiet" he whispered in your ear.

You executed yourself, a little scared of what might happen if the librarian stepped upon you. The woman descended the stairs to your current location. Weasley was the one casting the disillusionment spell on both of you as you tried to remain quiet. She went her way, looking through the room.

- "I swear I heard something..." she noted before going back up.

Your heart was pounding in your chest from fear and excitement. You were used to sneaking into the school at night, but were always being really careful no one was around. Doing it with Weasley was really something else. When you went back to your senses you noticed the boy's arms around you, making you step back a little flustered.

- "Oh, sorry..." he whispered, realizing your previous position "Maybe we should go?"

- "But how?" you pointed.

The situation was indeed complicated, with the librarian now upstairs, leaving might be complex.

- "We could wait for her to go?" proposed Weasley.

You sighed. This was not what you had in mind for the night. The ginger sat on some bags laying around, signing you to do the same. With your lack of options, you gave in. Not moving for so long made you realize the cold temperature of the library.

- "Are you cold? You want your robe back?" said the ginger while putting back on your piece of clothing.

- "Thanks..."

As time went by, the librarian still there, your eyelids were becoming heavy. You fight the urge to fall asleep, lifting your head back up every time it was falling. The movement made your acolyte quietly laugh.

- "You can sleep if you want. I will wake you up when she is gone."

As soon as he finished his sentence you were asleep on his shoulder. Snoring like a wild animal.

You opened your eyes in an unknown common room. The walls were covered with red and golden ornaments. The beautiful chimney in front of you was emitting a comforting warmth. You sit down, rubbing your eyes and yawning. The sun was slowly starting to rise. Suddenly, you heard a rustle in the chair next to your sofa.

- "Care to explain what you are doing here, Doll?" teased Natty.