Chapter 6 - Hiding spot

The day went by smoothly even if it was quite exhausting. Your last class marked its end and you stretched yourself, glad it was finally over. Dinner was still in a couple of hours and the sky was clear, perfect for a little walk around the castle. You liked walking alone sometimes. It was refreshing and allowed you to breathe a bit, away from the past days' rush. Once you reached the Quad Courtyard you took a seat, allowing yourself to look at the sky a bit.

You may have fallen asleep as you felt a gentle hand on your shoulder.

- "Doll? Are you asleep?" Natsai nudged you gently.

You took a moment to open your eyes and yawn.

- "Natty? What time is it?"

- "Dinner time, shortly." She answered, "I did not see you there, so I went looking."

- "Oh, yes! I was resting, I might have fallen asleep."

- "Either you were sleeping, or you like to eat flies!" She giggled.

You nudged her, a little embarrassed of what you might have looked like, snoring, mouth open wide in the middle of the courtyard.

- "Are you hungry?" questioned Natsai.

- "Always am!"

You stood up and went to the great hall with your best friend. It had been some time since you were able to spend time together, catching up on the school gossip.

In the great hall, the dinner tables were already full, except for some late working students. You waved to Natsai and went to your table. Your Hufflepuff friends were already talking about the black mirror's mystery and how many Lenora already found out. All praising Weasley for telling her.

- "He is smarter than I thought!" remarked Lenora.

- "I have to say, it was nice of him to share! Especially since it can impact the houses' points." added Poppy.

- "Well, he is not as misbehaving as the rumors say." pointed Adelaide.

You let out a little laugh, remembering how he blew up Honeydukes before sneaking in the potion class and was now planning to creep into the restricted area of the library. The trio turned to you at the sound of your giggle.

- "It looks like somebody knows something else..." Lenora squinted her eyes.

- "Oh no, it is nothing really! Weasley is a true angel, I swear." you tried to hide a smirk.

- "Yes, sure..." Poppy raised an eyebrow.

- "Girls, no more gossip please." pointed Adelaide.

You send a gaze over the Griffyndor table, meeting Garreth's eyes who smiled back at you. He was really unbelievable. How could he look so innocent while being such a rascal? It must have something to do with his cute freckles.

Lenora and Poppy did not miss your little gesture and silently giggled together, maybe the crush rumor was still going on, but they kept it to themselves for now.

Dinner came to an end and you found an excuse to not come back to your common room with the rest of your friends. Weasley was waiting for you in the Central Hall. Once you reached the location, the boy grabbed your arm out of nowhere and dragged you beneath the staircases. You tried to let out a shriek as you did not know who it was, but he covered your mouth.

- "Shush! It is me, Garreth! You will get us noticed!"

- "Are you out of your mind? I thought I was being kidnapped or something!"

Garreth let you go, still in your hiding spot.

- "Oh, sorry... I did not mean to..." he apologized.

- "It is ok." you sighed "What is the plan?"

- "We will need to hide until nighttime, somewhere the prefects cannot find us."

- "Do you have someplace in mind?" you raised an eyebrow.

Garreth glanced at a closet and you broke down. He could not be serious... However, the smile on his face suggested to you he indeed was.

- "Please tell me it is a joke..."

- "Do you have a better idea?" he smirked.

You groaned as he led the way to the locker. At least he went in first and helped you after. The space was really narrow, leaving little to no room between the two of you.

- "You are the worst!" you complained.

- "At least, we are getting close! Maybe we will become best friends over the night." he simpered.

You rolled your eyes. Almost an hour went by and the prefects were finishing their patrols of the area. You tried to act calm but the silence and proximity with the ginger created a heavy and embarrassing atmosphere. For you at least, he, on the other end, looked rather peaceful.

- "Are you okay? Your face is turning red." he observed.

- "Y-Yes. I am just getting hot." you blushed.

- "Take out your robe, dummy!" he mocked.

- "I cannot really move, Garreth!" you huffed.

- "Let me help you then."

Weasley reached for your shoulders and slid your robe down your arms, making you shiver a little. He then took the piece of clothing in his hands. Your body compensated for the loss of attire as your temperature rose again.

- "Is it better?"

- "Yes, totally!" you lied.

Another couple of minutes went by and the coast was clear. You immediately burst outside of the closet to escape the situation. But your feet got stuck in the door frame making you fall. Weasley immediately caught you by the waist, preventing you from hitting the ground.

- "Be careful!" he whispered.

Inaudible mutter left your mouth as your face went scarlet.

- "Nice attempt at communication!" Garreth laughed, "We shall be on our way, we do not have much time."

You tried to recompose yourself as sneaking in the library needed you to be calm. But it was not easy with a partner in crime like Weasley.