Chapter 4 - Ploughman's lunch

After an evening of potion crafting and funny drinks making, the sun started to set. The day was really refreshing compared to your usual routine, and even though you had many preconceptions about Weasley, he was rather nice.

- "I think we can call it a day!" The boy began to sort out the station's mess.

- "Here! Let me help you." You lend a hand.

In no time you were done putting things back in place. Two heads are better than one, as they say. When you were done you proceeded to return to your respective common rooms before dinners. The Hufflepuff one was warm and welcoming as per usual. You loved this place for the comfort it brought you and were grateful to have been sorted in this house.

Once you reached your dormitory nobody was there yet, you took the occasion to jump on your bed, letting out a big sigh as you melted in your mattress. This was the best sensation ever, laying down after a big day. You started to remember your journey and Weasley exploding Honeydukes. Little giggles escaped your mouth as you began to punch the air. It was so fun! Poppy would kill you if she knew.

You took a short nap and Adelaide was the one to gently wake you up. She was by far the most gentle of the roommates. If you could choose a big sister, she would be the first one on your list for sure.

- "Wake up, it is time for lunch. Poppy and Lenora are already in the common room." She delicately nudged you.

- "Hum... Ten more minutes..." You snoozed.

- "Too bad, the other will eat all the Ploughman's lunch..." Adelaide falsely signed and slowly went to the door.

- "Ploughman's lunch? With the cheese?" You sat right up.

- "Ah! I knew you would get up!" She proudly pointed at you.

- "Do not tell me it was a lie..." You pouted.

- "No, there is really Ploughman's lu-"

You rushed past her to the common room where your friends were waiting for you.

- "Girls let's go!"

The four of you were the first one to arrive at the great hall, which was a rare occurrence. Due to the never ending buffet you tend not to care about arriving late, except for special occasions, implying food that others might finish first.

At the instant you jumped in your seat, you were already getting your favorite meal, making your friends giggle from your eagerness to eat.

Students started to arrive little by little, filling the room. But as you were already served, you were not concerned.

- "You truly are going to eat just that?" Poppy looked at your plate.

- "It depends what is on for dessert!" You proudly responded.

- "I think we might have caramels!" Natsai leaned over your shoulder.

- "Oh! Natty! Come quick! There is Ploughma-"

- "Ploughman's lunch" She said in unison "Yes I know. Did not doubt you would be there first!" She laughed.

- "You are already eating?" Weasley came in surprised "We spent our afternoon drinking. How could you be hungry?"

The girls all turned to you with wide eyes.

- "Come on! We just made experiments in the potion classroom. Stop looking at me with those eyes!" You rolled them.

- "Yes, we basically are friends now!" Garreth declared proudly "Just friends, please." He added, well aware of Poppy and Lenora's tendencies to exaggerate details.