Prolog

[WARNING ⚠️this story will contain graphic descriptions of torture, rape, grooming, child abuse, addictions, mental illnesses, hallucinations, blood, and more.⚠️ If you feel uncomfortable with any of these topics I highly recommend reading another book, if not, enjoy my freaky friends]

3ed POV-

Minato sat in his office, lazily rolling a pencil around on the desk. Looking up from her book Kushina frowned.
"Put that down and get your work done!"
She demanded. The Hokage gave an unamused glance her way before slouching back in his seat. Dragging a mission report with him and shoving it in his face. Kushina still frowned. Her husband wasn't always like this. He used to smile and get all his work done before midday could even strike. Now it seemed he didn't even have the energy to force himself to the office. She had to drag him here most days and then sit here with nothing to do but pass time, just to make sure he actually got something done. He never seemed to want to do anything but lay in bed all day, drowning himself in sorrow.
Don't misunderstand! She was grieving the loss of the boy too! Yet it seemed no one else could hold themselves together so she had to. She had to be strong!
After his death Rin took off ninja work for several weeks and still she refuses to do anything above a D or C rank, and nothing that would force her to go outside the village.
Kakashi on the other hand seemed to be quite the opposite. He threw himself into work. He was always busy, he never had time for friends and family anymore. Anytime she had tried to stop and talk to him about what happened he would always have somewhere to be or something to do. She rarely ever saw him about anymore.

It was his behavior that worried her the most. Minato was depressed but she knew he would bounce back. Sure the mention and memory of his student would be painful but he would return to the rest of his life same as always. Rin too, she was sad and a little lonely but not broken. Yet Kakashi seemed as if he had fallen into so many pieces she was scared she wouldn't even be able to find them all. She had only witnessed it a few times in small amounts but had heard much in great detail from others. He was becoming violent.
One time she was called to a councilor's office to see it rip to shreds, according to the people that were there Kakashi had done it. He came to the council members office requesting to be sent on an eight day mission to another county, but they had already assembled a team for that, so he was refused. "He flipped the desk and that's when I ran!" The elder councilor said, still a little shaken up from what had happened.
It was things like this. They were happening everywhere to everyone. Kakashi had no control, no conscious, no... empathy, not anymore. Not after his death.

At this moment the two jumped as the door way slammed open. Kakashi barreled in, eyes wild and angry. The security guard toppled in after him fussing that he "wasn't allowed to just walk in here like that" and "the Hokage is very busy" Kakashi however ignored him.
"Is everything alright dear?"
She asked as he passed but he did not even spare her a glance. Strolling right up to the desk and smashing his hands down on the top, causing a few small stacks of paper to fall over.

"You sent team thirteen out to Suna instead of me?!"
He yelled, he might have actually been fuming under that mask.

Sighing Minato waved away the security.
"It's alright, Juniper."
She hesitantly nodded before rushing from the room, closing the door behind her.
"Yes I did."
Was his simple answer as he leaned back in his chair.

"You knew I wanted to head up that mission and yet you denied me permission to go at all!"
He yelled, his voice echoing off the walls.

"The mission was to negotiate the improvements on our peace treaty! A delicate task and one of which you would have failed at succeeding in!"
Minato's voice was rising too now.

"Are you insinuating that I was incapable of performing the required tasks?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying! Look at you now, screaming like a child that didn't get the toy they wanted. How was I supposed to trust you with a mission that could possibly send our nation into war?"

"You trusted me with team seven!"
He hissed over the desk, venom leaking through his mask. Kushina's eyes widened at the comment. She couldn't believe what she was hearing! There really was no depth Kakashi wasn't willing to stoop to.

The Hokage slowly stood from his seat and leaned over the desk, he toward over the thirteen year old boy, snarling down at him. He held a firm gaze with him for what seemed like an eternity.
"Was he really the only good thing about you? Now he's gone your practically becoming the scum of the earth! He wouldn't want this. He wouldn't want this for you!"
There was silence as Kakashi's body began to tremble.

"Fuck you. Your to much of a coward to even say his name damnit!"
He seethed just above a whisper.

"Obito wouldn't want this for you!"

His eyes aflame, venom gushing from his mouth, and body trembling, Kakashi turned on his heel and stomped to the door.
"Dear please. Don't leave like this. don't be this way."
Kushina tried to reason with him but he shoved past her without a word. Ripping the door open so hard the handle left a hole in the wall. Once he was gone from sight Minato fell back in his chair, vigorously rubbing the strain from his eyes. The red headed woman stood and watched feeling helpless to ease either of their pain.