The Tornado

Trigger warning: Gore, violence, and blood. BEWARE. It hurts.

Lloyd's POV

"Guys, I have a really bad feeling about this," Kai spoke up.

We were currently eating lunch at our picnic thingy. We had burgers and hot dogs (they're classics), and a bunch of sodas and chips and stuff.

I have to say, I've changed a lot since I was little. I don't really like candy anymore. It's too sweet. I'd rather have a hot dog. LOL.

"Kai, chillax," Cole said submissively. "Please, relax. Nothing's gonna happen."

"Well, I listen to my gut," Kai said. He looked a little pissed off.

"Kai—Your gut? You know how wrong it's been before?" Jay asked.

"But—I—It's better to be safe than sorry," Kai argued. "But whatever! I'm leaving! This isn't what I came for." Kai stood up.

"Kai, no! Wait!" I called, but he'd already started walking off.

Just then, it started raining. Drizzling, actually, but it was feelable.

"See? Kai, it's only a drizzle of a rain!" I hollered, but Kai was still walking away.

"Kai!" I called. He turned around for a brief second; His face sent a message: 'Please, let's go home'. It was a desperate look he gave me. And then he turned away.

"Guys, let's just go, okay? If this escalates into a storm—"

"Storm? I have my experience with storms," Nya said, standing up. "We can deal with this."

But then it began raining harder. The trees shook. The picnic mat blew in Jay's face.

"Hey!" Jay screamed, then gasped, because the picnic basket blew away.

"What's happening?" Nya asked. She looked frightened.

"Hey—Do you guys see that?" Benthomaar asked.

"Sh*t!" Cole screamed. We were looking at a huge black cloud—Blacker than Cole's hair. It was spinning towards us in fury.

"It's a storm. Kai was right!" Skylor shrieked. "Hey, Kai! Come back! Please!"

Kai was halfway down the path. He glared at Skylor and continued walking.

"Kai, please come ba—"

Skylor was interrupted by a huge whoosh. The wind threw her back and she fell to the floor. "Kai!" she screamed.

"Skylor!" Kai yelled, and he immediately lost the anger. He rushed back and helped Skylor up, but soon all of us were falling, too.

"Get shelter! Now!" I shouted.

There was a whole village of abandoned houses there. The houses were too small to fit more than three of us.

"Guys, the houses! Let's split up—Just run to a random house, who cares?" Nya said.

"Let's go!" I yelped, and we rushed off.

I just ran into a totally random house. We'd chosen to split into groups of three; But Mabel ran with jay and Nya because she was the odd one out.

I immediately ducked to the ground, before looking around to see who else was in the room; Vania. Looking frightened.

"Vania, get down!" I shouted.'

"Hey, you're here?" She gasped, and she dropped to the floor next to me.

"I hope nothing bad is happening," She said quietly. "I hope the others are okay."