Who is AJ Maybank

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." Good old calculating Pope said as he was looking up at John B Routledge who is currently balancing on the edge of a building's roof.

JB was thinking and looked down. "Hm. Should I do it?" "Yeah, jump. I'll shoot you on the way down." "You'll shoot me?" "Yep." I'm sitting besides JJ and lift my head up. "Yeah, and if he doesn't, I'll shoot you."

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." "Of course, why wouldn't they?" "This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" "I can't have cold towels." JJ was joking. As if he ever touched anything Japanese. "Yeah, I agree with JJ. Cold towels would be our death sentence." JJ and I pretending to die at the same time, pulling the joke further

Kie however, was shooting us a look of death before putting her focus on JB. "Talking about death, can you please not kill yourself?" "Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one." And just like that, we were all seeing JB's beer falling out of his hand and hitting the floor. "Trick of the day." "Dumbass." Pope getting everyone's attention while he was hanging over the balcony. "Hey, uh, security's here. Let's wrap it up." "The boys are early today."

We all got down from where we previously were and JJ calling out for Gary. We all broke into a run and decided to go through the renovating building. I am in front, taking the lead until I was suddenly face to face with a guard. I did a 180 and slipped, getting back up the fastest I'd ever gone in my life and made a run for it again, now as last of the group. Once we got outside, we hopped over a little fence and I helped Pope up since he fell flat on his face. JB was in the driver's side of the Twinkie while Kie had the door opened. Pope, JJ and I got in and JB drove off.

"Look at Gary gunnin' for a raise." "Come on, Gary! Wait. Slow down." I made eye contact with JJ and we smiled like the devil, hanging half out of the bus. "Come on Gary, you can do it!" "You're so close!" We're cheering for the dude and I threw a beer can at Gary. "Here you go! Enjoy it!" "They don't pay you enough, bro."

Kie pulled us inside and JJ looked at her. "Oh come on. That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished." "JJ's right. Seen a lot of foolish things, but that?"

We all laughed and JB drove us into Outer Banks.

And at last, but not least, we have AJ. He is JJ's younger brother by a year. He has a lot of great potential, but he's hanging with us. All of the girls seem to have a thing for him, even though he is a pogue. He is also a daredevil. Anywhere others would cross the line, he'd do it.

The next day JJ and I were being rudely waken up by JB slapping JJ. "Yo bro, have you been outside?" "I have polio, bro. I can't walk." I snickered at my brother's remark and stretched my body, feeling some bones pop and my muscles stretching, then I got up and went outside with JB. "Goddamn, this storm was no joke." "Yeah, no shit. This is no good." I nodded my head. "Agreed."

We walked around his backyard, seeing the damage everywhere. "Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ called out. I looked at him. "Didn't you have polio?" "Went by, it's a miracle!" I chuckled. "Beer me, bro." He shook his head and threw me a beer. I catched it and took a big sip, burping afterwards.

JB was cleaning some parts of the trees off of the HMS Pogue. JJ walked up to us. "Whatcha thinkin'?" "I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out of the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab." Fishing. That's more like it. "What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?" I raised my eyebrow and looked at JJ, then at John B. "DCS is up your arse again?"

"Yeah they are, but nah, they're not gettin' on a ferry. Come on, think about it. It's God tellin' us to fish." I snorted and started helping JB. "Think? This man has a total of 2 working braincells."