What the fuck, Topper.

We were all sitting around a self-made bonfire. It was pretty warm and iy did help me. I just knew that shit was gonna go down because I had to tell the rest of the group about my little adventure with Sarah. Boy. Imma have to fight Kie on this one.

"Hey, guys. So, like, my dad's already gonna kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?" I feel bad for ruining Pope and Kie their relationships with their parents.

JB did fingerguns and pointed them at JJ. "Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed." "You ready for this?" "Yeah." "So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant." Pope had the exact reaction like I expected. "Oh, my God. Here we go sgain with this." I offered him a small smile. "Just, listen to this, okay? Hear him out, please." I looked at Pope, and even though he didn't want to, he still did.

JB had a hella smug face. "It's been here this whole time. It's on the island." Kie looked at him, immediately believing what he was saying. "Are you serious? Oh my God."

Pope still had his doubts. I don't blame him. "I still have my sceptism." "I'm sure you would, Pope, but can I please present you with my evidence, sir?" "Proceed." JB went into his backpack to get the evidence out that I had gotten my hands on. "All right. So, in my backpack, I have a letter from Denmark Tanny." "Who the hell is that?" I looked at her. "Denmark Tanny was a slave and the only one that survived the whole shipwreck of the Royal Merchant. Just look at what JB has." JB nodded his head and gave the letter to Kie.

"Slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my dad, he found the complete manifest. That was his big discovery. So Tanny used the gold from the Merchant to buy his freedom." The letter went from Kie to Pope. "After that, he bought his farm. Drumroll, please, because that farm is... Tannyhill Plantation." Pope was still looking suspicious, but Kie believed it all. "Tannyhill?" JB nodded his head I continued the talk. "Yeah, then he decided to buy the freedom of more slaves, sold a shit-ton of rice. Guess what? That pissed off the white planters and that caused his ultimate demise. He got lynched. So at the day that they were going to finish him, he wrote a letter to his son, as a farewell, and in the last line of that very letter, he leaves a coded message about where to find the gold from the Royal Merchant."

"Where?" JB took the stage again. "Harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water. Except... there's no wheat. You see, wheat is code for gold. Check this out." JB walked over and got the printed picture of the gold. "The gold is in parcel nine, near the water." Pope finally caved in and believed it too. "All we need is an original survey map of the property, and we've found the gold."

"Okay, so this might have a small chance of being actually true." "Dude, it's like King Tut." I am so happy that they didn't question anything.

"Okay, so guys, what's the plan?" Ah shit, here we go. "Good question. This is where our loverboy AJ comes in." I ran my hand through my hair and looked at Kie. "Alright, first off, I don't want to be killed just yet, okay?" She looked really confused and I stood up, pacing a lil bit. "Okay, so, I will meet up with Sarah Cameron tonight and she will bring the map of Tannyhill." "Wait, hold on. Sarah? Wh-why Sarah?" I looked at JB and JJ. I ran my hand through my hair again. "Because she's the one who actually has access to stuff. She's the one who got me into the archives of Chapel Hill yesterday, and that's where we got the letter."

Goddamn, Kie can look at me with a nasty ass face. Guess that I kinda deserve it? Or not? Idk. "You were in Chapel Hill with Sarah Cameron?" I nodded my head. "I- uhh. Yeah." JB piped in. "He was macking on her." I shot him a quick glare and then rubbed my face with my hands. "Yes, okay? I was mackin' on Sarah friggin Cameron. But that's because I have had the longest crush on her, okay?" Koe didn't register what I had said. "Did you tell her about the treasure?" I hung my head. "Yeah. I did."