Chapter 10: Cook

*THEO'S POV*

We spend a couple days at her mums house, i meet a lot of her extended family. We stay until the funeral passes.

It's been 2 weeks since he passed.
I watch as Jai and Sage build themselves back up. I don't know how they fuckin' do it. They seem like their normal selves but i don't know if it's a cover or not.

The group has come over for dinner to try and cheer them both up.

We're sitting at the table eating dinner Sage next to me. I notice she is just picking at her food and not eating it.
"Sage are you going to eat?" I whisper in her ear. She softly shakes her head.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't feel like eating right now." She mumbles.
I don't want to push her but i'm worried. She's been eating less and less since her dad passed away. It scares me.

"Theo." She mumbles loud enough for only just us to hear.
"Hm."
"Thank you." She smiles softly at me.
"For what love? I didn't do anything."
"You helped me a lot Theo. You've done a lot. Just thank you for being here and coming with us and helping us out."
"It's no problem sweet."

I lean back up in my chair and continue eating. Jai and Lara have become really close, being roomates and all. They are both pretty flirty and a lot of banter goes on. I look at Sage as she watches them a big smile on her face.

After everyone leaves i'm standing in the kitchen eating a packet of choclate chips. Sage comes out her room and stands infront of me taking a few chips shoving them in her mouth then putting the rest that are in her hand back in the bag.

I put the bag down on the counter and rest my hands on her waist. A blush appears on her cheeks making me smile.
"Are you hungry?" I ask.
She shrugs.
"Talk to me love what's going on?" I rub her hips.
She looks me in the eye as tears glaze them.

"I don't know i just feel nauseous and anxious half of the time which makes me not want to eat and then i think about how me not eating is bad and that makes me stressed causing me to eat less and it's just really hard right now." She rambles tears coming out her eyes.

"I know baby, i know." I say as my hand goes to her cheek wiping the tears away.

"And i know everyone is worried about me and i'm okay really, and i just don't want to bother everyone and make there lives worse with my issues." She continues as her eyes darting all over the room.

"Your not making anyone's life worse. You need to understand that. Your a blessing, a angel in the world and if they can't accept that then that's there issue."

She softly smiles at me with my words locking her eyes in mine.

"Your doing so well." I say tucking her hair behind her ear.
"Thank you Theo. I don't know what i would do without you. It's crazy how we were paired as roommates and now we're like great friends."

"Best friends."

I correct her. I wish i could add boyfriend to the list but best friend is okay for now.

Her smile widens showing her cute dimples.
She then brings her hands up squishing my cheeks quickly before taking them away.
"Sorry i just had to." She giggles making me chuckle.

I make her some pasta which is her favourite.
I set it down infront of her. She looks at me then back at the pasta.
She starts eating. I internally high-five myself.