Chapter 2 - The Train Ride to Hogwarts

Garreth POV

The platform suddenly broke into complete chaos. Student started piling on to the Hogwarts Express. Leaving their baggage trolleys everywhere, making their farewells, and so on.

Without thinking I offered up my elbow to y/n, feeling like a complete nitwit. I was behaving like a courting gentleman. I almost held my breath half expecting y/n to break out laughing, pushing my arm away.

Instead, to my surprise and relief, she went along with it. With an adorable smile, she accepted my elbow, and with arms interlinked we entered the train.

"This way m'lady, yoehr carriage awaits" I said with a smirk, putting on an Irish accent as I led her through the train. Y/n giggles only encouraged me to spew out more silly lines.

What can I say, some people are just born comedians.

After making our way through a few of the carriages, slowly moving away from the younger witches and wizards. We found Natty, Poppy and Nellie in one of the many compartments meant for fifth years and up.

I could tell that Nellie took notice of our interlinked arms. So, I made a show of directing y/n to a seat. "Here you go, m'lady", I continued in the accent.

"Oh, thank you, kind Sir", she said though giggles, as I sat down in the seat opposite her.

"What's going on with you two?", Nellie asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, nothing. Just Wesley being, well... Weasley", y/n responded. "We just happened to run into each other outside".

"Anyways", I said, trying to change the topic. "What have you all been up to over the break?".

Natty told us about how one of her friends and former classmate from Uagadou had come to the UK to spend the summer break with her.

Poppy exclaimed in excitement over how she and her Gran had gotten to witness a Mooncalf Dance together.

"That sounds just incredible! My break really wasn't that eventful..." Nellie sighed looking down at her hands.

"Mine neither, if I am quite honest", y/n said with a shrug of her shoulder. "What about you Garreth, did you have an eventful summer?" she then asked, everyone turned to look at me expectedly.

I put my hand on my chin and pretended to be pondering the question. Then with a sly grin I answered, "No. Not really. I did however come up with my best invention thus far! It turned out that Mallowsweet did the trick, who could have guessed".

I promptly pulled out some small bottles from one of the inside pockets of my cloak. "I believe that you might actually quite enjoy this one, if I might say so myself" I said handing a bottle to each of them.

They reluctantly accepted it, cautiously looking at the swirly grey, almost muddy looking, contents of the bottles.

With a laugh I said, "I am not trying to poison you guys. Do you trust me or what?".

"I hope I don't regret this", said y/n. Putting on a brave face, she chugged the potion.

I couldn't help but smile. She was always willing to help me out and try my potions. Even if a little bit apprehensive at first.

She had always been supportive of my experiments and had on more than one occasion brought me rare or hard to get ingredients. Sometimes even without me asking.

Her eyes abruptly shut, and a large grin spread on her face. The other girls looked over at her. "Y/n, are you okay?" asked Natty.

Y/n eyes snapped open, and she looked at me with wide eyed. "Garreth! I don't know how you did that, but that was incredible!"

"What? What happened?" The others asked in unison.

Before y/n had time to answer, I quickly said "Why don't you try and see for yourself".  

Would you try one of Weasley's many concoctions?

What do you think this potion does? 

Thank you so much for reading! 

I am having a lot of fun imagining what Garreth would be like as a romantic interest. 

I mean, he is definitely a big goofball - always getting into trouble one way or another. 

Who knows maybe even some good trouble with y/n...