Flying Race, Start!

3rd Person's Pov

"THE FLYING RACE IS STARTING! SPREAD YOUR WINGS!!"

Kalego signaled the class to be ready themselves as he waited until he could see that all the students were ready then he gave the signal to start. Meanwhile, Iruma was surprised at seeing everyone unfolding their wings and wanted them to stop for a moment but Kalego ignored him and started the race

"W-Wait!"

"On your marks. Get set...GO!!!"

Then all the students flew off towards the cliff and left as they race to pass the other students in front. Iruma who was blown by the wind that was generated by the students' take-off, managed to balance himself and not fall off the cliff but was pushed by Kalego which cause him to fall off the cliff while screaming.

'That felt kinda good.' "Alright"

Then Kalego went to a corner where the hell screen monitors the student's progress and sat in a chair in front of the screen with a remote in his hand and a small demon beast servant that serves him tea.

"Now then. The race that finalizes the freshmen's ranks...I wonder how it'll turn out this year?"

Kalego switched on the screen and looked at the student's progress. In one of the channels, the screen was showing the live progress of the students and it showed that the misfit class was not taking the test seriously which can be shown by how the students are flying in a slow and relaxed manner. A student was even yawning sleepily and a boy playing a game console while flying lazily. A student was also seen diving at where the field of flowers was growing and grabbed a few of them then flew toward where the female students were flying and gave it to one of the female demons. Then a male student was also seen appraising a demon beast egg that he snatched from a nest of demon bird beasts.

Back to Kalego. Upon seeing the attitudes of the students, Kalego turned off the screen and sighed heavily in annoyance as he ranted at how idiotic the students were being turned on the screen again he tried to look for a student that is taking the exam seriously. A transmitter demon that was monitoring the valley saw a blur of something flying at a fast rate. Asmodeus was then seen flying and dodging the traps in the valley quickly as he seems to be in the lead.

"Hm...I think I've lost everyone...It seems that Iruma-sama was left behind at the starting point though...and Arianna-sama went ahead of me..."

"Iruma-chi will make it work! And Ari-Ari will be fine in front of us!"

"Well, that is true...but---"

Then as if he realized that Clara was at his back riding him, Asmodeus was startled and began trashing violently and tried to remove the female demon on his back. Clara tried to explain to him when he arrived and got on his back but she got bored and stopped in the middle of her explaining at which Asmodeus yelled at her to not get bored in the middle of her explaining. Then he paused at yelling at Clara because he saw Sabnock flying to where the entrance of the Cutthroat Valley was.

Meanwhile, Sabnock who entered the Cutthroat Valley despite Kalego's warning was desperately dodging and scaling the obstacles as he thought that there was no way he would not take the path of Cutthroat Valley when it was traditionally used by the previous demon kings when taking their tests and he who aspires to be a demo king would take the same path too.

'I WILL BEGIN MY MILITARY RULE AS THE DEMON KING, AT THIS VALLEY!'

Kalego who was at the finish line where he was monitoring the misfit class got warned that a student has entered the Cutthroat Valley and when he saw that it was Sabnock, he sighed and said that he expected that someone would not listen to his warning and would die in the end and that if he's lucky enough then he could retrieve a limb or two for his family. Then he ticked off Sabnock's name from his list of students participating in the test. Then he remembered Iruma and wondered where he is since the transmitter monitor lost him.

Meanwhile. Iruma was being carried by a demon bird beast that caught him when he was falling off the cliff after being pushed by Kalego. He was in the middle of an escapist's fantasy as he thought that the demon should at least savor every last part of him.

Then he was dropped by the beast at a huge nest and when Iruma manage to stand and kneel as he held his head to clean his dizziness he saw a huge demon bird looming behind him.

'It's over.'

"CAAAAAW!!!'

"WAAAAH! I'M GONNA GET EATEN!!"

Just as he was about to get eaten, the demon beast fell and Iruma saw that it was groaning in pain and saw that it was injured on one of its legs.

Iruma seeing the wound looked around and saw a sharp wood and showed it to the beast. The beast thought that he was threatening it and began to threateningly up its guard but was surprised when Iruma slashed his hand to show that he can heal its injury by him bandaging his injured hand.

The demon beast finally extended its injured feet when it saw Iruma's sincerity and just as Iruma was about to treat its injury, a drop of his blood fell on the injury of the demon beast and it instantly healed as if nothing happened to it. The demon beast and Iruma were shocked at the phenomenon as Iruma realize how precious his blood is to demons. The demon beast began to stand up and rejoice at its healed injury as Iruma smiled at it.

"Anyway, I'm so happy for you!"

The beast reared back in shock at how genuinely happy Iruma was at the fact that it was healed and it stooped in front of Iruma just as Iruma thought that he was about to be eaten, the demon beast rubbed its head on his face in gratitude. To show its gratitude, it took Iruma on its back and flew off.

Meanwhile, Sabnock was injured and battered as he looked at the looming giant demon beast that is likely the master of the valley as he kneeled on the ground in exhaustion.