The Person To Become Demon King

3rd Person's POV

A young Sabnock Sabro was reading the prophecy scroll containing the details of the next demon king. The young demon spread the scroll as he read the prophecy, a servant looked at his young master

"Reading the Demon King again? Why do you want to become Demon King so much, Young Mater Sabro?"

"My..."

'My reason for wanting to become the Demon King is...'

Back in the present, Sabro began fighting the master of the valley as he defended himself from its attacks he bite on one of the metals of his necklace and created a battle axe with his family's magic. His bloodline magic is able to help the caster create any weapons as long as he has a material he can hold and an imagination of what the weapon is supposed to look like.

"THIS WON'T BE THE END OF ME!"

Sabro continued to fight the valley master as he remembered his reason for wanting to become the demon king. 

'Fate?

Sabro thought as he recalled his father's words

'Destiny?'

His brother's leaving back as he left his family to become the Demon king

'Promise?'

And his sister as she lay on her sick bed

"For that reason...OF COURSE I DON' FIGHT FOR THAT!"

Sabro then began declaring that it was not for those reasons that he wanted to become the demon king, he wanted to become the demon king because the demon king is the coolest and he wanted to achieve greatness and aim for the top, unlike his father who spent his time forging weapons with no ambition to aim for the top.

'I...have no regrets '

"I came here chasing what I wanted..."

Sabro was defeated and as he lay on his back and the valley master approached his body to finish him

"I- UNTIL THE END, I FOLLOWED THROUGH MY OWN WILL!!"

And just as he was about to be killed Iruma arrived and blocked the attack with his own body as he shielded Sabro from the beast and dodged the attack while helping Sabro along the way. Sabro was shocked that Iruma came to his rescue as Iruma told him that he jumped off when he saw him being attacked to see if he was okay.

"From above...you..."

Sabro warned Iruma he saw the beast attacking again but just as Iruma was about to be impaled by the beast's talons it stopped and the two saw a smaller demon beast stopping the bigger beast by communicating to it.

Sabro seeing that the baby of the valley leader was distracting the larger beast, Sabro thought to attack it as he saw the situation as a chance but was surprised when Iruma suddenly shouted as he began walking towards the beasts while communicating to them.

"There's no need to worry! I haven't hurt it either! Right?"

Iruma convinced Sabro to drop his weapon as the leader of the valley stare at the weapon in his hands. Sabro seeing the situation reluctantly drop[ed his weapon slowly and then raised his hands in a gesture of surrender.

The leader looked at their child then together with it they bowed towards the two in gratitude

'The leader is...thanking us...'

Sabro was so surprised as he looked at the bowing beasts and looked at Iruma who was also thanking the beasts as he smiled at them.

Meanwhile, Arianna finished the race first and was followed by Asmodeus and Valac who rode Asmodeus the whole way then the rest of the students arrived.

After confirming that everyone has finished the race Kalego then explained how the ranking will be presented. A demon owl beast flew down towards Kalego's shoulder and he explained that the ranking owl had been observing the students in their race and was ranking them based on their performance. It will judge them and then the students will one by one get their ranking badge from the owl's pocket.

As Sabro and Iruma arrived last and did not adhere to the rules the two must sit in a makeshift jail to repent and wait for their turn. 

Iruma had to calm down the irritated Sabro and the two remembered how they came back riding the Cutthroat Valley leader and gave the students and Kalego a shock. Sabro then thanked Iruma for saving him and also apologised for his rudeness in their first meeting, then he declared Iruma as his rival.

"HEY! IMECILE DUO! IT'S YOUR TURN!!"

Kalego called them to the front as the two quickly lined up to receive their ranking badge.

At the front, Iruma walked to the owl as he contemplated what he should do after the whole event. The students began discussing what Iruma rank would receive as they tease Kalego. Kalego explained that the ranking owl is a fair and impartial being and would never give ranks unfairly. Then suddenly, the owl loudly screeched interrupting Kalego and when they looked at the front they saw Iruma and the struggling owl who wanted to fly away quickly.

Iruma who had not gotten his badge raised his hand as he called after it in a panic only to pause as he saw everyone looking at his raised hand in bewilderment

"huh?"

"...Iruma-chi what...is that thingy?"

Sabro remembered when he was a child and his father first showed him the prophecy scroll containing the knowledge of who will rise and inherit the title of the demon king

"ALL DEMON LINEAGE, FAR AND WIDE,

 SHALL SUBMIT BOUND BY THE CONTRACT,

 ALL CREATION SHALL BE BLESSED BY THE ONE WHO SWOOPS DOWN FROM THE FOREIGN LAND

ON THEIR RIGHT HAND, A GOLDEN LIGHT IS KEPT IT IS THE LIGHT OF SOLOMON'S RING"

A confused Iruma stared at them as he could not understand what they were talking about everyone stared at the ring on his finger that is emitting a dark aura.

"...Huh?"