I

Damian's POV:

It had been ten years. TEN years, and I still hadn't told her. Ever since we met in the first grade, I knew she was the one.

I climb out of my limo, nodding at my chauffeur when he bows and wishes me a good day. And then I see her.

I mean, it's not an uncommon sight, Anya Forger cheerfully getting off the bus and greeting her best friend, Becky Blackbell. I continue on my way to the school gates, listening to my limo drive off into the distance.

"Boss Man!" I hear a voice behind me. It's one of my friends, Emile Elman. He's my friend, but sometimes...he can be a bit much.

"Hey, Emile." I greet him, noticing the fact that my other friend, Ewen Egeburg is absent from his place next to Emile. "Where's Ewen?"

"He's coming." Emile replies, nodding at another limo pulling up to the curb. Ewen's familiar face emerges from the back seat. I watch as he runs toward us, taking his spot on the other side of me.

"Sorry I'm late, Boss Man!" He says, catching his breath.

"It's fine," I assure him, "We're all human."

We start towards the school again, noses turned up as people make way for us. It's nice being the most popular and respected people in the school. Except, two people don't move even an inch.

I sigh. It's aggravating, having to deal with these two. "Get out of our way." I growl, backed up and Emile and Ewen's 'yeah!'

"We're not going anywhere!" Becky says fiercely. Anya nods excitedly beside her, and inwardly I smile.

"Yeah, Sy-on Boy!" Anya growls. "You're not the boss of me!" She's so determined. I think, and I snap myself out of it before I can blush. She's in your way! I scold myself. Stop admiring her! 

"Maybe I'm not, but I can still get your butt kicked out of this school if I wanted to." I'd made this threat so many times, but I'd never gone through on it because...well...if I did, I wouldn't get to see Anya again.

"Psh." Becky scoffs, still not moving. "Like you would ever do that." The bell rings, making her jump.

"I won't say this again. Move." I growl at the girls. They have to move anyways; classes are starting. Becky grumbles something about brats and heads towards the front gates, Anya close behind her.

"Emile," I call for my friend. "What class do we have first?" Emile fumbles for my papers, digging in his bag hurriedly.

"Oh, we have math." Ewen says before Emile can even get my schedule out. "What?" He asks when Emile glares at him. "I memorized Boss Man's schedule."

"All right." I say before they can break into a fight. It isn't common, because everyone knows you get a Tonitrus bolt if you fight. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The last fight...was between me and Anya. She punched me, so that was technically labeled a fight. But it was ten years ago, so it isn't a reason to worry.

"Come on!" I shout, lightly shoving them in the direction of our class. Strange, how they only have two classes with me and Anya is with me all the time. And by all the time, I mean ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I get the feeling someone's rigged the classes.

Anyways, Ewen and Emile rush for the classroom, and I head towards it too. As I enter the math classroom after my friends, my eyes immediately land on Anya, who's...asleep?

Did she not get enough sleep last night? I wonder, and shake the thought out of my head. Her sleep schedule is none of my business. Still, I shake her shoulder a few times because I'm a nice person. Of course, she doesn't wake up. Welp, I tried.