V

Damian's POV:

It's very lonely in school without my favorite- I mean, the very annoying girl whom I definitely don't care about.

The classrooms are empty without our constant banter, even if that actually annoying girl Becky is involved.

"Bossman, are you listening?" Emile's voice rings out. I blink. How long was my head in the clouds?

"Hm?" I ask, turning my head. I refocus myself. "I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"Well," Ewen explains, "Emile and I were just talking about how we should get revenge later. He asked your opinion."

"Opinion?" I'm genuinely curious. "On who? And who are you plotting revenge on?" I turn and catch Emile rolling his eyes.

"On Forger!" Ewen says, exasperation in his voice. I glare at him. I'm the only one who can call Forger 'Forger.' They shouldn't be saying her name at all.

"Her?" I feign boredness into my voice. "What she did was a fluke." It wasn't. I watched her study really hard for midterms in the library. She was working three times harder than she usually is, to impress someone perhaps?

Hmm... That doesn't sound stalker-ish, does it?

"I know!" Emile chimes in. "But obviously we need to take care of her to protect the number one spot!" Take care...of her? What the hell?

"Um, I appreciate you guys doing this for me, but..." I falter. How am I supposed to say this without being suspicious? "...Forger doesn't need two revenge-seeking boneheads trailing her." As if I'm not a boneheaded stalker already.

"Whatever you say, Bossman." Ewen singsongs, going back to his homework. "I bet you're just going to let her go without a scratch, right?" I freeze. Have they caught on?

I cross my arms. "Maybe I will." This is the perfect way to figure this out. If they know, they'll surely tease me about it. If they don't, they'll try to get me to reconsider, since in their minds we're rivals.

"But really?" Emile says, doing a little eyebrow dance at me. I cringe. Sometimes my friends are really embarrassing.

I'm stuck. Should I tell them about my little crush on Forger, or should I lie? I've never told a lie intentionally, so how am I supposed to know that I'm doing it right?

Father's words ring in my head. "Don't think, do." Right. Don't think, do. But what if someone overhears me? What if my friends decide to leak my secret to the school newspaper? What if-

Right. I shouldn't even be thinking about this. My feelings are for me only. No one else should know.

Except for maybe Forger? A traitorous part of me whispers. I shove it away, internally scowling. She doesn't need to know about this. Nobody does, especially not my friends.

"Shut it." I finally decide, after battling my thoughts for what seems like forever. Besides, I'm sure the fact that my face is burning will give it away.

"Yeesh, Bossman. Obvious much?" Ewen smirks. I manage to keep my face calm and collected.

"So it was that obvious, huh?" I ask, expecting the nods from the both of them.

"You don't have to be a genius to figure it out." Emile clasps his hands together on the desk, a look of triumph spreading on his face. 

"Do...do you think she knows?" I whisper, internally punching myself for being so weak. So careless with the feelings I spent so long to hide.

They both shake their heads. "Nah."

"I might not know why you like Anya, but I guarantee you she's not that smart." Ewen says carefully, like he thinks that might make me angry.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Well, that's good. At least, I think it is."

"Don't worry, Bossman." Emile adds, grinning like he just won the lottery. "We'll help you."

[Hey guys, sorry for the super long wait and somewhat short chapter. The school banned Wattpad, so I only have the short time I have at home to work on these. Yes, it's infuriating, I know, but it is what it is. I would use my phone, but the text is so small, so I refrain from doing that. Anyways, I might be taking longer to complete each chapter from now on. Hope you don't mind!]