IV

Damian's POV:

I don't know what was going on with Anya today. I just hope she'll be alright. I hope she'll come back.

Wait.

What am I saying?

Anya's POV:

By the time we get to the mansion, my tears have all dried up. I feel like crying a bit more, but I've run out of tears.

Martha and about a million other maids crowd around me, acting like the aunties I've never had.

"Oh, sweetie, are you all right?"

"Would you like a few pints of ice cream?"

"Who broke up with you?"

"Here, sit on the couch and tell me what happened."

There are so many concerned voices and thoughts surrounding me, a small headache flares.

"I-I think I need some time by myself." I reply to all of the offers, much to everyone's dismay. "Um, thank you for offering, though." I add the last part quickly.

Martha herself escorts me to the guest room, and it's already bigger than my home apartment. 

Large, floor-to-ceiling windows look out to beautiful mountains that I never knew existed. A large bed-king sized?-sits by the door, looking out to the snow-capped mountains. The beauty of the room(and the view) seems inappropriate when I'm going through all this.

"Come out when you feel like it, okay?" Martha whispers to me solemnly. I nod. Time away from people, from the dizzying sea of thoughts, would be nice.

Becky's POV:

I hope Anya's okay. Crying, and on the day she finally got first place! I'll have to invite her over to a celebration party later. 

Anyways, despite all the drama this morning, there's still school. Obviously, Damian and his goons are being total eggheads as usual. They know nothing of women.

Wow, we're certainly getting off topic here! So, school. The schedule's the same, but it's kind of lonely without Anya. Maybe I should take the rest of the day off from school.

***

At lunch, I sit by myself. I ignore the boys, like always.

Sighing, I take out my phone and text Martha.

YOU: Hey is anya ok?

Three dots. Dots. More dots. The dots appear and disappear, until a somewhat long reply from Martha comes.

MARTHA: She's doing fine. Eating. Laughing. She lost her parents, but she's progressing. They abandoned her without warning.

Wait. What?! Anya what?

This can't be happening right now.

YOU: R u serious?!

I already know the answer. Martha never lies about anything, least of all about this.

YOU: Get the limo I'm coming home ASAP!

I talk to Master Henderson, and surprisingly, he doesn't stop me. "That's quite elegant of you." He says.

A few minutes later, I have my bag on and the limo pulls up in front of the school gates. My chauffeur opens the door for me, and I climb on quickly. "Back home, and step on it." I tell the driver. He obeys, the tires skidding on the road all the way back to the mansion.

When I get back home, Martha is waiting for me. "Come in, Madame." She says, bowing. "She's in the guest room."

"Which one?" I ask impatiently, sliding my shoes off. As far as I know, there are at least twenty guest rooms in the house.

"I'll escort you. There's no reason to rush, milady." A maid offers. "Your friend is doing well."

I simply nod, and she turns and heads for the stairs, with me on her heels.

Anya's POV:

I'm munching on a bowl of peanuts and watching the latest episode of Spy Wars when Becky bursts into the room.

"Becky?!" I ask, bewildered. She should be at school right now. A quick glance at the clock tells me that there's still two hours of school left. "What are you doing here?"

"Ohmigosh what happened?!" She practically screams upon seeing the room. I follow her gaze and I notice boxes of tissues and bags of peanuts scattered across the floor. Oops.

"Oh, sorry about that..." I start, attempting to toss an empty peanut shell into the already overflowing trash bin. I miss it. Becky rolls her eyes and I pause the video. "Anyways! Why exactly are you here?"

"Are you okay? Well, apart from this mess you've made." Becky's words stumble over each other.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I ask, giving Becky a confused look. She sighs.

"Come on, Anya!" She rolls her eyes. She's over it? Already? She thinks. Oh, yeah. That.

"Um...I'm fine." I gesture to the messy room. I don't really mean to trash it, but sometimes raiding the fridge(and the guest room) is stress-relieving. "But are YOU okay? You're back two hours before school ends."

"Don't worry about me. I heard what happened. Is Loid really gone?" Becky says, all in one breath. I sigh. Of course that's the first thing she asks.

"Yep." I reply solemnly. "But I'm fine now! Peanut?" I offer her a peanut, and Becky takes it half-heartedly, ripping the shell open.

"Uh-huh. Suuuure." Becky says sarcastically, her brain unconvinced. Of course she would think so. I mean, my parents left me, taking Bond with them.

Bond...

Tears start spilling out of my eyes again uncontrollably. Crap. And I thought I ran out of tears. Oh well.

Becky immediately makes her way through the mess, hopping over tissue boxes and hugs me. I'm taken aback for a second. 

"Wh-what are you doing?" I stutter. "It's not that bad." My tears, however, disagree.

"Liar!" Becky insists, almost strangling me. "You lost your family! And look at that river of tears streaming down your face!" She hands me a tissue. Huh. I thought tissues were already extinct.

"F-fine. I'm not okay. Happy now?" I sniffle, taking the tissue and blowing my nose into it. Becky is still holding on, whipping a fresh box of tissues out of who-knows-where. I gladly take it and choke when I move my head. "Okay, B, too hard! Let go!" I manage. Who knew she was this strong?

"Whoops, sorry." She replies sheepishly, letting go. "Anyways, are you okay? Emotionally, I mean."

"I am." I sigh. So many people have asked me this already today. I'm getting tired of the phrase. "You don't need to ask, like, a million times."

"So..." Becky looks around for a place to sit. "Should we go into another room? I'll have a maid clean it up." I nod. Hopefully I won't trash the living room too.

"Do you still want to watch Spy Wars, or..." Becky prompts as we sit on the couch.

"Nah, I've watched, like, twenty episodes since I got here." I reply. "You can choose." Becky looks happy and immediately turns it on to "Love in Berlint". Of course.

We sit back and watch the (very cliché) romance show.

[I'm back! There isn't much Damianya in this chapter, but it's coming, I promise. Besides, you can't miss some sappy friendship scenes with Becky! Anyways, I'm working on the next chapter as fast as I can. Please be patient!

See ya ❤]