the trick and the dream.

112 AC -red keep , kings landing

When she opened her eyes she was at her room in red keep. She was wearing a black dress. She remembers wearing that dress for her mother's funeral. So that means it's the day after her funeral. She pushed all of her emotions aside and focused on the task at hand. She realised daemons heir for the day spectacle hasn't happened yet. So first she need to stop that and somehow need father to allow her to marry daemon. Then suddenly she got an idea.

So she  got off from her  bed and asked the servants to prepare her a bath. After bathing and eating breakfast she went to her  father's room and knocked." Come in" "kepa?"
"Rhaenyra" he was surprised seeing her here. "I want to talk to you about something "
"What is it child?"He asked softly.
"I had a dream last night. I saw mother and tessarion "
"What?" He asked shocked
"Mother said that she forgives you." "She does?" Her father looked like like he will burst into tears right now and she really felt bad about manipulating him.
"She do so I think I can forgive you too for what you did" she  said with a soft smile and walked over and hugged him.
He returned the hug and both of you stayed like that for some time crying out the pain.
After rhaenys came and inform her  about fathers death she didn't even get the time to properly mourn for him and now seeing him again it seems too good to be true. After she  broke the hug they both sat down.
"You said you saw the goddess too"
"Yes I want to ask you something about that. Who is this prince who was promised ?"
"What!!. What did she told you about the prince?"
"She said the prince who was promised comes from mine and daemons line. Something about targaryen sitting the iron throne to unite the realm."

Hearing that viserys jaw dropped. No it couldn't be . He wanted to deny it, say it was one of daemon's trick.But how else she could know that. There was no one apart from him who knew about the prophecy. He didn't even tell it to aemma. Neither rhaenyra nor daemon could have known. That means she is telling the truth. Which means she has to marry daemon. No he will her hurt her. 'Will he really. Of all the people, he cares about her the most. But he is her uncle.' Both of them are blood of the dragon isn't it the tradition. 'He knew he was running out of excuses. He knew his council will not at all be pleased with this ,especially otto. But he has to put his foot down for this. If the goddess of  prophecies herself appeared in his daughter's dream it can't go wrong.

With the decision made he  called a guard to summon daemon and asked rhaenyra to follow him.

He took her to the catacombs where balerion's skull was laid. "When you look at the dragons what do you see?"
She raised her eyebrow but answered the question nonetheless. "I suppose I see us"
"Tell me about it."
"Everybody says targaryens are closer to gods than men. They say that because of our dragons. Without them we are just like everyone else."
He nodded she was right." The idea that we control the dragon is an illusion. They are power men should never have trifled with one that bought valyria to it's doom. Every targaryen must understand this to be king or queen.I am sorry rhaenyra i have wasted years since you were born ..... wanting for son. You are the very best of your mother. And I believe it and I know she did that you could be a great ruling queen." "Daemon is your heir" "Daemon was not made to wear the crown but I believe you are. This is no trivial gesture rhaenyra. A dragon's saddle is one thing But the iron throne is the most dangerous seat in the realm." He handed her his knife after keeping it over the fire.
"From my blood comes the prince who was promised and his will be the song of ice and fire."she read.
"They say when aegon looked across the black water he saw a land ready for capture but ambition alone isn't what bought him here. It was a dream. And just as daenys foresaw the doom aegon foresaw the end of the world of men. It is to begin with a terrible winter gushing out from the north. And with it comes the cold and dark. And if the world of the men is to survive a targaryen must sit on the iron throne a king or queen strong enough to unite the realm against the cold and dark."
He looked at her. "This secret has been passed down from King to heir since aegon's time. And you must now promis to carry it and protect it. Promise me Rhaenyra."
"I promise "

"Now since this prince comes from your and daemons line so you both have to marry. He will be your king consort when you ascend the throne. Do you understand"
"Yes father "
Before they could speak more about it thr guard came announcing daemon's arrival.
"Prince daemon your grace " the guard called out.

"Brother what is it now?" Daemon asked  as the guards left them alone.
"Daemon. I have decided to name a new heir. "
No he wouldn't do it. All this time I have only defended him and now he is now replacing me  on the words of otto fucking hightower."I am your heir."
"I will announce rhaenyra as my named heir and you will swear fealty to her. After that I will announce your bethroal to her and I will annul your marriage to lady rhea. You will wed her once she is 17. And when she ascends the throne you will be her king consort. "
His jaw dropped hearing that he was initially surprised that he named rhaenyra but he knew she will be a good queen. What surprised him the most was what came after it. Finally his brother agreed to anull that the hell of a marriage and agreed to give him rhaenyra's hand in marriage.

If hearing him daemon became shocked then viserys was even more surprised seeing his reaction. He expected daemon to be angry and threaten him but he smiled and not some taunting one but a genuine one. When was the last time he saw him smiling like that. Months, years..? That was all it took him to realise all his fears were for naught.

After finalising some more things her father sent her back to her room . Once she reached she breathed a sigh of relief. Finally she got one of the huge problems solved.