Chapter Five

I woke up to the freezing cold weather. I must have slept outside considering that I now woke up with a heavy cough. "Why did you sleep outside?" Norton questioned as he got me some coffee. "You might need this."

"I accidentally slept outside while smoking a cigar. Luckily I put it out before I fell asleep." I coughed as I yawned. Norton handed me the coffee and I sipped it as quickly as I could, not caring how hot it was considering I slept in the cold.

"How come? Sleep paralysis? Because I didn't see your cute smile when I woke up." Norton sighed as he brought me inside to warm me up as I drank my coffee

"Yeah, I kept having that same nightmare.." I groaned as I was piled with warm blankets that Norton kept tossing at me, "Okay that's enough blankets, I'm not gonna die of hypothermia." and

"I understand. I had to deal with the death of the majority of my family, mostly cousins, due to a house fire, and I had to live with my shitty, guilt tripping father." Norton sighed as he sat next to me, drinking his coffee. I felt tired, so I dialed the head of the ghost hunting company and said I'd take a day off. I haven't had a day off in a while, so they allowed me to. Time to sleep in..

"I'm gonna sleep. Dont fuck around." I yawned as I plopped onto bed.

"I'll sleep along too. My body wants to sleep more considering its slowly rotting in its coffin.." Norton said. "Not all ghosts who are in heaven make it to heaven in time...Theres a limit to how long your down in the overworld."

"What's the limit?" I asked with fear. He said there was a short limit, and he's approaching that limit, "Don't tell me.."

"Four years. It's been nearly four for me already.." Norton sighed. "December 27th was my death date, and its December 17th at the moment..."

"Oh no...Please, I dont want you to go away.." I was shocked. So if he reaches his limit as a ghost on earth, he cant go to heaven? He's going to hell? I can't fathom this, I cannot! I need to kill him! "Should I just kill you?"

"God no, I want to live the last week of my life with you." He worried as I walked him inside from the freezing cold weather. "I won't go away however, I promise. I'll try not to." Norton smiled as he hugged me gently. I was worried about his "expiration" from the world, so I want to make these last nine days unforgettable...But at home

"Why don't we just cuddle and talk about your past life.." I yawned as we warmed up together, "I talked about mine a little."

"Sure." Norton smiled as we walked to my bed and just got into a cuddling position. Obviously I decided to be the little spoon as usual, since Norton is so tall. "Let's ask some questions like-" We thought of questions, and answers, and what to say.

"How tall were you?"

"6'4."

"Oh wow, I'm 6'0.." I was shocked. My oh my he is tall, and very handsome. I was only a few inches shorter! "How was life? Like, before the mining incident.." Norton put his head down, and I knew he didn't want to talk about the topic.

"Shit. It wasn't as good, a poor family struggling to eat a single meal and stuff, it wasn't fun. But once I got out, I earned enough to get a good quality apartment after getting at least five years in the mines."

"Oh my, my life wasn't as great, I was considered the devil by my appearance." I sighed as I cuddled closer to Norton, "Bullies all over, but my mom was my best friend."

"So we both can relate to something at least." Norton huffed, "Shit childhoods but we fend for ourselves well." We nodded in agreement on that, and held our hands together.