Description

Plot Summary:

Ariadne Larissa y Severine is the most notorious enemy of the Estrellio Empire. If you ask others, they will definitely say she is eviler than the duke she serves, Duke Augustus Osriel de Atolia.

After every member of the Imperial Family perished in a mysterious disease, a war of succession had almost broken out between the Seven High Houses. But it was prevented after House Miurgen was declared to replace the Imperial Family under the orders of the Inner Council.

On the day the Imperial Powers was transferred to House Miurgen, the new Emperor declared a decree that no one had expected—he branded House Atolia as traitors to the crown. From that day forward, the Atolians fought a losing war between House Miurgen and the other remaining High Houses.

In the end, the Imperial Army came victorious with the head of Duke Osriel on a spear, while the rest of his body burned to ashes as a mockery of House Atolia's funeral tradition.

While they brought the notorious villainess, Ariadne, alive to the capital to be paraded before the eyes of the Imperial Citizens. As she faced the guillotine, Ariadne cursed the surrounding people that she would not be at peace until the same brutal death came to those who harmed House Atolia.

"I will never be at peace! I will make all sinners pay. I will ensure that all noble Houses will be stripped of their Grace! And the Empire will bathe on the blood of its own sinful citizens... until all the oceans and seas turn red and all the air stink with the smell of rotting flesh!"

Ariadne's laughter echoed over the silent onlookers in the plaza.

"I will make you all remember. You will call for my name to lift the curse... but I will not."

After the blade fell on her neck, she woke up finding her soul in the body of her 10-year-old self... twelve years before the war and fifteen years before she and Duke Osriel faced their tragic death.