2. Poison

4th day of Omnale, 1283

Almost a year after the execution of Lady Ariadne Larissa, the first sign of her curse showed itself. The situation was similar to the one she had used in the Atolian War—a poison harmless to fishes but harmful to humans. I am sent by the Magisterium to look over the situation in that village. All five of us agreed that whoever did it used the same tactic Lady Larissa used. Nothing could be done to save the river; even an experienced Leecher like me could not do much about the situation. The poison was made to prevent any Leecher from Destroying it; in short, it was made to prevent even Lady Larissa herself (who is also a Leecher).

Enhancers were also proven ineffective in this situation, as Taming the Stardust of the river would only increase the poison's potency. Indeed, it was such a beautiful tactic... beautiful and dangerous. The only thing that the Magisterium could do was to bring clean water and put it in the river to lessen the concentration of poison mixed in the river. The researchers of the Magisterium were still looking for a solution to completely remove the poison.

If you ask me, it is one of those vials of poisons left to break. I believe we will see more situations like this in the coming weeks.

P.S. The opening statement about the Curse of Ariadne was a joke.

Lord Mikkaelo Sarganse

---

Author's Note: I uploaded the calendar used in this world, feel free to check it out.