15

Visenya

"We are gathered today at the Seat of the Sea to deliver Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, to the realm of the Sealing King, Where he will watch over her until the end of days. As Lady Laena embarks on her final voyage at sea , she leaves behind 2 lawful daughters on land. Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they remain bound to her by her blood. Salt runs through the blood of the Velaryons. Our blood is thick. Our blood is pure. And it must not be diluted."

Visenya stood stiff as one as she watched emotionlessly as Laena's coffin was pushed into the sea. She didn't realize that Rhaena, who was standing next to her, was clinging on her arm.

She didn't hear Daemon laugh at what Vaemond Velaryon said about their blood. She didn't feel the eyes on her that kept looking at her. No, Visenya just felt numb. Again she had lost a loved one to childbirth.

"My dear niece, may the winds be as strong as your spine, your seas as calm as your mind, and your nets as full as your heart. From the sea we came. To the sea we will return." With that the coffin was pushed the last bit and much over the cliff into the water.

Frowning, Visenya leaned against the wall and looked out to sea.

"I could have stopped her. If only I had been a little faster." she murmured to herself, lost in thought. Daemon, who was standing next to her, turned to her.

"You know Laena, she's very stubborn. When she has her mind set on something, nobody can stop her." Visenya opened his mouth to speak again, but Daemon kept talking.

"Her death isn't your fault. She knew what she was doing."

Visenya hung her head and took a deep breath to keep tears from falling. Not in front of all the people here. Raising her head again, she looked at the beach where Laenor was kneeling in the water. He's been there since Laena's coffin was lowered into the water.

Visenya knew how much Laenor had loved his sister. The worst thing was that he hadn't seen her in 10 years. And the first time he sees her again is at her own funeral.

Visenya tensed as she saw the king approach them. But he turned to his brother and didn't give her a single look. Even though Visenya was well used to her father's behavior towards her, that doesn't mean it didn't hurt her. That her father didn't notice her, pretended she wasn't there, even after 10 years didn't see her.

"Your girls are the very Image of their Mother. A comfort and an anguish, as i well remember. The gods can be cruel." silently she listened to what her father said. She thought he was talking about Rhaenyra, she looked so much like their mother, almost like a spitting image. 

"It seems they've been especially cruel to you." Daemon replied which almost made Visenya smile. Demon was right. He looked awful, sick. Almost no hair on his head and his face sunken.

"You should return with us to King's Landing. It's time that you came home." Mocking, Visenya turned away from her father and looked at the people who had come to Laena's funeral when her eyes met the eyes she was trying to avoid.

Both sisters just saw each other and eyes and couldn't take their eyes off one another. She didn't catch what Daemon was talking about with his brother because she was so caught in Rhaenyra's gaze and couldn't tear herself away.

It wasn't until Daemon bumped his shoulder into her as he ran away that she looked away from the Rhaenyra and saw her uncle run inside.

Since Visenya had nothing to do there either, she walked away from the people and down the stairs to the beach. She wanted to be alone to clear her mind. What she didn't notice was that a person was following her unnoticed.

It was quiet around Visenya for a while until she heard her sister's voice call her name behind her. She didn't want to admit it to herself but she missed hearing the truth from her sister. She didn't stop, but she slowed her pace so Rhaenyra could catch up.

"Laenor has been restless for years, but now, he will be useless. Or worse." Rhaenyra brought the silence between them after walking alongside each other for a while, making Visenya look at her.

"I know better than anyone that our marriage is a farce. But i at least make the effort to maintain appearances." Visenya remained silent, making Rhaenyra swallow hard.

"We did try...to conceive a child. We performed our duty as best we could. But to no avail." Rhaenyra continues and Visenya could feel herself getting angrier the more she heard what made her snap.

"And then you looked for the next best one and jumped into bed with him." Visenya snapped angrily and stopped, which Rhaenyra did the same.

"You know that's not true."

"How many times have you tried Laenor. Once? And then you went to Ser Harwin. Because if I remember correctly you were pregnant shortly after the wedding." said Visenya angrily.

"You did not want!" Rhaenyra yelled back angrily.

"I've been alone. You got further and further away from me. Every time I tried to contact you, you turned away from me." Rhaenyra justified, causing Visenya to shake her head and clenched her jaw in anger.

"What would you have done if I had married someone who wasn't you. How would you have felt if you had seen someone carrying my child who wasn't my wife. How would you have felt? How would you have you done? Just watched?" 

"The woman would be dead before the child was born." Rhaenyra said in a dark voice, making Visenya chuckle mockingly.

"You abandoned me. And look at what my life became without you. Droll tragedy," Rhaenyra complained.

"At least it wasn't enough that you kept your legs close, since you have another bastard child with that bastard Strong." before Visenya could continue, Rhaenyra slapped her.

Shocked and angry at the same time, Visenya turned her head back to Rhaenyra, who was glaring at her and started poking her chest angrily with her finger.

"Yell at me as much as you want, be mad at me if you have to, but never say a bad word to our children! never."

Visenya just looked at Rhaenyra angrily. Then with a jerk she pulled Rhaenyra to her so that their bodies were pressed tightly together.

While one hand wrapped tightly around Rhaenyra's waist, the other went to her neck, causing Rhaenyra to gasp.

"Visenya" Rhaenyra whispered, meeting Visenya's eyes as she squeezed a little. And without thinking, Visenya pressed their lips together.   

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ