13.

The city looked much smaller from down here. Nearly almost everything was gone. Not a single spark of life left, but it was still hope.

An empty playground, houses that seemed to weep silently, a newspaper crumpled and flowing vigorously in the wind. An unshakable feeling of nothing. Piles of rubble followed by more sand all piled up below the once skyscrapers. Long green vines hugged each and every building circulating them, almost bringing them back to life. Street signs were graffitied and abandoned.  A strange symbol seemed to be catching my eye. It was plastered everywhere i turned. I slowly found myself upon my tiptoes spinning around gazing at the sun that leaked through the cracks within the buildings. Endymion, luke and tris all ran out from behind me with excitement. Not saying a word. "ugh boys' ' shrugged akira pulling out a can of something and piercing it open with her dragon pendant. That reminded me. My dagger. "AMORA" I grabbed her attention and pulled her aside. " Do you still have your necklace?'' I asked her. She put her hands around her neck and pulled out a shining golden necklace. '' of course I do , its beautiful isn't it? '' I sighed with relief. All three of us have had these since i could remember each other. They must mean something.

We followed the boys through a small opening in a shop door. I climbed through, my clothes scraping the edges of broken glass and sand. I stepped in and immediately I froze. Piles of canned food and clean bottled water all laid upon the broken shelves. Luke and tris began stuffing it all into a backpack while endymion came round the corner with his arms full of boxed matches and sleeping bags. We all began sweeping the shelfs of anything that could be useful. I picked up some bandaids and rubbing alcohol. Endymion gave me a funny look as he saw me rummaging through a first aid kit. "Never know what we may need." I said, smirking at him. He chuckled and went back to strapping sleeping bags and blankets onto his back.  I heard Akira and Amora calling my name from behind a frayed plastic sheet. I walked over and saw them both scouring through piles of clothes. Mae was there too. She had put on a white tank top with a kargo coloured jacket and some army bottoms. She had a black back strapped around her back and over one shoulder. I couldn't help but notice a tiny crack in the frame of her glasses. However she somehow still managed to read through them. I reached over and grabbed a black tank top and some cargos. I threw an old knitted jumper over top and then strapped my supplies to my back. The boys took their turn getting changed and after a while we left.

Luke hopped into the front of the truck and began to turn on the ignition. "It wont start" he exclaimed. "What but we had so much fuel when we left the offshore" said tris. Endymion sighed profusely and smashed his hands down into the sand. "its okay, we can just camp here and if we see anyone we can ask them for some fuel." said akira. Smart. "But what if there is no people Akira, and we are stranded here?!" Endymion shouted. "WE ARE STRANDED ANYWAY ENDYMION, LOOK AROUND THERE'S NOTHING HERE" she shouted back. I got in between them both. "Come on guys, let's just find somewhere to camp out" i said. Endymion rolled his eyes and pushed passed me.

We travelled through the rouble. The sun felt hotter than ever now. Every once and a while we would slip into some shade, provided by the buildings but we slowly lost it again as we passed them.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 03, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Hiraethजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें