Hello World

Chrissy is 36 weeks pregnant, on the cusp of full term, and going out of her mind.

They're fully prepared, everything is ready to bring their daughter home which leaves Chrissy to practice her photography, something she's found a love of. The only problem is there are only so many pictures she can take inside her apartment and the surrounding parks. Her size now makes walking difficult, her only exercise is a casual waddle around the block for fresh air. She keeps her promise to Eddie, sticking to doctor's orders but the rest is growing tiresome.

"I was thinking..."

"That's always dangerous," Eddie teases her.

Chrissy is on her knees, leaning awkwardly over the arm of the sofa while Eddie rubs her lower back in what has become a nightly ritual. Their growing baby has put a strain on her body, the muscles in her back aching constantly. Luckily, while she hasn't felt up to sex, Chrissy has found another use for Eddie's talented hands.

"I think I want to enroll in a photography class," she says. "Learn to do it properly."

"That sounds cool!" Eddie smiles when she moans, his fingers digging into a particularly sensitive spot. "I know how much you love that camera."

"I just-...oh, right there!" She groans as the knot releases under his attention. "I just want to be more than a mom, y'know? I want to be her mom, but I want her to grow up knowing that her mom did stuff."

"Does this have anything to do with those women in the parenting classes?"

Chrissy drops her head against the armrest. "Maybe," she answers, her voice muffled.

On the insistence of Karen Wheeler, Chrissy and Eddie spent six weeks at a parenting class. Although they were reluctant, Chrissy supposed they did need the guidance and it was helpful for the basics of baby care. The rest only served to freak Chrissy out. She watched the other women, listening to how they talked about their children like the rest of their lives were forfeit. Like they gave up being anything else except a parent.

"You are nothing like those women, you know that, right?" Eddie soothes. "You're smart. You're driven. You're gonna do anything you want, even with our daughter running around your feet."

"You're so sweet," she sniffs loudly.

Eddie pauses his hands. "Baby? You crying again?"

"...no," she squeaks.

"Come here," Eddie chuckles sympathetically. He guides her up, her back pressing into his chest as he wraps his arms around her, leaning his chin on her shoulder. "Any day now, she's gonna be here and you're gonna be amazing."

Eddie has the patience of a saint, something he would never have been accused of almost 9 months ago. She feels like she's hit him with everything since the day she broke the news. Crazy parents, school gossip, along with her health scares and mood swings. Every time her insecurity screamed at her that he would grow tired of it and leave, Eddie just loved her with more volume, and if there was something Eddie is great at, it's being loud.

"When I feel better, I'm gonna suck your dick so hard," she says, drawing a hearty cackle from deep in Eddie's chest.

"Promises, promises," he grins, nuzzling her neck. "You sure you're feeling up to the show tomorrow?"

Chrissy nods, leaning back into his body like an armchair. Thanksgiving day has been and gone, a busy Thursday spent together with friends and family. Wayne was going to work but an insisted invitation from Chrissy had him changing plans. They were a motley crew around the dinner table, accepting the waifs and strays who didn't have other plans like her father, Malcolm, and Steve.