June 1987

It's been a whole year since graduation.

A year since their little secret was exposed to the whole school in the most vicious way, and subsequently, the town. A year of judgemental looks, head shakes and whispers from baby boomers who thought they'd be too young and dumb to make it as young parents.

How wrong they all were.

The sacrifice Eddie made when Grace was born, all those long days in the studio in Indianapolis with Demolition Hammer, paid off. The band love his work, as did the sound engineer, both happy to pass his name on whenever a session guitarist is needed. In between running the music store, Eddie gets to indulge his creative side and fill the void Corroded Coffin left.

Between the store and the music, Eddie finds they need less and less help from Phillip. That doesn't stop the man trying to give them money, no matter what Eddie says. More than once it's caused tension. Eddie tries to explain that they're in a stable position while Phillip doesn't understand the reluctance.

In the end, Chrissy is the one to come up with a solution. Any money Phillip pays into her bank account will be put into savings for Grace. If they need it for an emergency, it's there, otherwise Grace can use it when she's old enough to go to college.

"Or buy a car!" Eddie reasons. "When she hits 16, she's going to want her first car."

Either way, that money is for their daughter.

Eddie isn't the only family member who is busy. At the beginning of May, Chrissy completes her short photography class and finds that she has a knack for art. She starts small, mainly with landscapes but a chance meeting with a bar manager who recognizes her as 'Eddie Munson's girl' offers her a new challenge.

"The Hideout? You're going to be taking pictures at The Hideout?!"

Chrissy nods, entertained by the shock on his face. "Yup. They want someone on a Tuesday night for the local acts, to get them a little more publicity."

"Huh."

He sits dumbfounded but after seeing her work, and the way she manages to capture the dynamics of the performances into picture, Eddie has an idea for his business.

The Hideout and Malcolm's Music Supplies come to an agreement. The store will sell tickets to shows on behalf of The Hideout and in return, prints of Chrissy's pictures will be sold there too. It's a win-win. The Hideout gets publicity as does Chrissy's work and she makes a profit to boot.

By June, even if she herself doesn't believe it, Eddie considers Chrissy a professional photographer and he's so damn proud of her.

Her most photographed subjects?

Eddie and Grace Munson.

At 6 months old, Grace is turning into a tiny girl version of her father. The same big brown eyes and a cheeky smile that lights up her whole face when she laughs, something she does often. However, unlike Eddie, Grace has developed into a mild baby. She mostly sleeps well and without grief, easygoing with everyone she meets. It makes taking her to the store when he needs to much easier.

Hell, her cuteness has even clinched some sales on occasion.

It hasn't always been easy. They juggle being parents with demanding jobs and making sure they can keep their heads above water without having to rely on Phillip Cunningham's handouts. Long days without seeing one another, restless nights when Grace just won't settle. It can make them short with one another, resulting in pointless bickering.

But they always apologize, that's the main thing.

June brings sun, heat, and light, lazy nights that Chrissy can enjoy now she isn't pregnant. Friends are returning home from college for the summer, younger kids are finishing school. It's the perfect time for a wedding.