Chapter Twenty-Six

They boarded the Count's ship, passing Dozer and Wingman who were settling an unconscious Dooku into a holding cell.

Thump.

"Oops." Dozer said sarcastically, as Dooku's head lolled forward after colliding with the ships wall. Wingman chuckled as he latched the Sith's hands over his head in a pair of cuffs attached to the wall. The two of them came out of the cell, closing the door and followed along behind their Jedi.

Kyah kept Anakin's hand in her's as she led them to the large cockpit, with two pilot seats and six passenger seats behind them.

"Is everyone alright?" Kyah asked as she walked down the aisle between her men, who had already settled into the cushy chairs.

"We're all good General." Dozer gave her a big thumbs up as he walked up behind her and slipped into an empty seat, plopping down heavily with a groan of satisfaction. "Well, except Spinner." he added as the clone captain walked passed, dried drips of blood stained his scalp and smeared across his throat.

Kyah watched Spinner brush passed her to sit in the copilot's seat. She sighed, coming to stand behind him, "You hit your head really hard." She recalled the sound of his skull colliding with the cold, stone floor, and felt a chill run through her. "I want patch to look you over." She ordered and Spinner looked up at her with an expression that said 'really?'. When she nodded insistently, he stood up with a heavy sigh, clearly annoyed by her request, but didn't argue.

As he went to walk passed her, he was suddenly halted as her arms wrapped around his waist and she pulled him into a tight hug, pressing her cheek against his cold chest plate. Spinner looked down at the little woman clinging to him, first with surprise, then with compassion as he wrapped his arms around her too, gently rubbing her back.

He leaned down and placed a quick kiss to the top of her head, "We're all good kid. You got us out of there is one piece." He tried to soothe her, but her hold only tightened.

"There were way too many close calls today." She said sadly.

"We knew it was a risk coming here." He reminded her, and saw Anakin's expression twist in guilt as he looked away.

"I know." Kyah nodded and sniffled as she finally released her captain, taking a step back as she looked up at him and wiped her nose, "No more risks for a while, okay? I can't take it." She admitted.

Spinner smiled down at her, "Now you know what it's like watching you run headfirst into danger day after day." He said teasingly, but with a note of genuine grief.

Kyah chuckled and ran a hand over her face, "Fair enough." She nodded.

Spinner settled into one of the back seats as Patch knelt in front of him, and Wingman made his way to the pilot's seat, flicking through a sequence of switches as the ship came to life.

"You gonna have any trouble getting us out of here?" Kyah asked.

Wingman just scoffed and answered without turning around, "You wound me General." He feigned hurt and Kyah smiled.

"You need a co?" She asked, and the clone shrugged.

"Nah, I've got it covered." He decided.

"Try and make contact with General Kenobi." She suggested, "When they see us coming in this ship, I'd rather not be shot out of the sky." She shrugged and Wingman nodded.

Kyah turned back to Anakin as the ship geared up, "You're coming with me." She declared, leaving no room to argue as she took his robotic hand again and walked back out of the cockpit then down the hall. They entered a small storage hold with three doors coming off of it, as well as the sealed exit ramp. She swiped her hand over the first door, and it opened into a small closet. She looked beside it, and saw the door to the holding cell where Dooku slept, then turned around, walking across the hold to the last door, swiping her hand again and the doors opened, revealing a tiny med bay, fully stocked with a clean white bed in the centre.