𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier sounded pretty good for Karina's reading time considering the trio was driving miles in the Impala together. She was in the backseat for the comfort of reading while the Winchesters were discussing the case that Dean found.

"So..." chuckled Sam. "... what's with this job?"

"Dude suffers a head-on collision in a parked car? I'd say that's worth checking out."

"Yeah, definitely. But we got bigger problems, don't you think?"

"I'm sure the Apocalypse I'll still be there when we get back."

Sam nodded understandably, "Right, yeah, but I mean if-if the Colt is really out there somewhere and if we use Lioness's blade-"

"Hey, we've been looking for three weeks. We got bupkis. Remember Kay mentioned that Lioness sided with the Devil? I'm not sure we should trust her on the fact it can kill anything." 

"Okay... but Dean, I mean, if we're gonna ice the Devil--"

"This is what we're doing! Okay? End of discussion."

Sam turned his head aside, then he gave a great sigh. Dean looked back at the road, drowning in thoughts. Karina looked between them, she rolled her eyes as she closed the book.

"That's my cue.' Karina pulled herself up against the front seat to talk to Sam, "Sam... He's saying that this is our first real case together as a trio like it used to be. Not Angels, Demons, Lioness of God--nothing. I think this is a good second chance for all of us as a team."

Dean nodded as he suggested, "Like training wheels." Karina scoffed, then she smacked him in the head for the worse simile.

Sam asked when he looked down offendedly, "So you think I need training wheels?"

"No, dumbass meant like together. All of us. Sam, Karina, and Dean as a dynamic trio, okay?"

"Okay."

Dean looked after Sam, "Like Kay said, I really want this to be a fresh start, you know? For the three of us."

Sam looked after Dean and Karina whose eyes were on him. Karina softly smiled at him while he nodded as he agreed on the deal. Sam and Karina stared for a moment with hopeful gleamy eyes at each other. Taking all the moments they had for each other before their heads departed.

***

When they all arrived at Canton, Ohio, they were all dressed up as FBI Agents. Karina had her wavy hair down on her shoulders while she dressed in a black tie-blazer and skirt. They all showed their badges to the Sheriff, "Agents Bonham, Taylor, and Copeland."

Sheriff introduced himself as he shook their hands after Dean's introduction, "Rick Carnegie. Good to know you. So you're here on account of Cal Hopkin's death?" 

Sam answered, "That's right."

"Well, afraid you came a long way for nothing. We already booked the guy that did it."

Trio looked at each other as they all frowned in confusion. Karina slowly asked, "Who do you think did it, I'm sorry?"

Rick guided them into the private room where he showed the videotape that Jim Grossman was recording of Cal Hopkin's death. Trio was focusing on Sheriff's point after the tape ended from the bloody scenery. He turned off the television before turning around to the trio, "Sicko taped his own handiwork."

Trio was still confused when Karina slowly pointed out, "We don't follow."

"It was Jim Grossman that killed Cal." Sam and Karina shared looks while Dean examined the nonsense. He continued on, "Well, he was the only one on the scene for miles."