𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Lawrence, Kansas. Stull Cemetery. The very beginning itself. A black crow flew over Lucifer's head as he waited for his brother. The wings fluttered behind him as he faced Michael. There was silence as the wind blew the scattered leaves below them as they stared at each other.

"It's good to see you, Michael."

"You too. It's been too long."

"Can you believe it's finally here?"

Michael stepped a little closer as he spoke his words, "No. Not really." He sighed deeply as he challenged his brother, "Are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be." He looked softly at his brother as he spoke his words, "A part of me wishes we didn't have to do this."

"Yeah. Me too."

He furrowed his eyebrows as he walked closer, "Then why are we?"

"Oh, you know why. I have no choice, after what you did."

"What I did? What if it's not my fault?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Think about it. Dad made everything. Which means He made me who I am. God wanted the Devil."

"So?"

"So why? And why make us fight? I just can't figure out the point."

"What's your point?"

"We're going to kill each other. And for what? One of Dad's tests... and we don't even know the answer. We're brothers. Let's just walk off the chessboard as she wanted us to. Ariel never wanted us to fight-- can we at least put some respect on her?"

Michael looked off into the distance, considering his brother's words. Lucifer anticipated for him to take a side of him, but he didn't. He faced him, "I'm sorry. I-I can't do that. I'm a good son, and I have my orders."

"But you don't have to follow them."

"What, you think I'm gonna rebel? Now? I'm not like you."

"Please, Michael--"

"You know, you haven't changed a bit, little brother. Always blaming everybody but yourself. Always pulling her into our business. We were together. We were happy. But you betrayed me and her--all of us-- and you made our father leave."

"No one makes Dad do anything. He is doing this to us."

"You're a monster, Lucifer... and I have to kill you."

"If that's the way it's got to be... then I'd like to see you try."

Lucifer and Michael determinedly glared at each other as they all circled around the field.

There was a distant sound of the engine revving as the cassette tape slid into the radio. The volume turned up as Rock of Ages by Def Leppard was playing loudly. From a driveway, there was an Impala pulling into the cemetery while Lucifer and Michael stared at the car as it parked in front of them.

The door opened, revealing Dean Winchester. "Howdy, boys." They both stared at him while he smirked, "Sorry, am I interrupting something?"

He closed the door as he walked to Lucifer, "Hey. We need to talk."

Lucifer shared his eyes with Michael before he looked at Dean. He smiled ignorantly, "Dean. Even for you, this is a whole mountain of stupid."

"I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Sam."

Michael spoke loudly, "You're no longer the vessel, Dean. You got no right to be here."

"Adam, if you in there somewhere, I am so sorry."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 > 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥 {𝟐} 🎉