𝐗

Alliance, Nebraska. There were three FBI Agents showing their badges at the morgue for the next case. "Agents Page, Jones, and Plant-- FBI."

"Agents, what brings you by?"

Sam responded, "We need to see Amber Freer's body."

"Really? What for?"

Karina asked softly, "The police report said something clawed through her skull, correct?"

"You didn't read the autopsy report that I emailed out this morning?"

Sam and Dean struggled for words as they both looked at each other while Karina confidently answered, "We rode over, no satellite connections."

He looked at each agent in the group then he turned back. He walked toward the contaminants while the trio followed him. He opened one of the contaminants and then pulled out the body. He tossed the sheet over the head, showing clear bloody scratches deep into the skull.

"When they brought her in, we thought she was attacked by a wolf or something."

Dean muttered, "Or something."

"But we were wrong."

He picked up a plastic bag that showed a miniature bloody nail that was torn off. Sam asked, "Is that a--"

He finished him off, "It's a press-on nail. We found it in her temporal lobe."

"Is that even possible?"

Karina asked, "You're telling us that she did that on purpose?"

He nodded slightly, "She scratched her brains out. It'd take hours, and it'd hurt like hell, but sure--it's possible." 

Dean asked, "How?"

"Pick your acronym-- OCD, PCP. It all spells "crazy." Karina was lost in thoughts, shaking her head mentally, knowing that the diagnoses were wrong. Dean looked down to pull up a sheet, showing her right hand that featured nails minus the middle one. He covered the sheet back as he continued to listen to the doctor, "My guess-- some kind of phantom itch. I mean, an extreme case, but..."

Sam repeated, "Phantom Itch?"

"Yeah." The doctor covered the sheet back to the body, then slid the body back into the containment. He closed the door, "All it takes is someone talking about an itch-- or thinking about one even. And suddenly you can't stop scratching."

"Thanks, doc." He left the morgue leaving the trio with a flinch of an itch. Sam was scratching his collar then Dean scratched his ear and lastly Karina scratched her ponytail.

While Sam and Karina interviewed the family of the victim, getting no hidden clues from them. Dean found the solution as he discussed it with them outside of the house on the way to the car. He presented a harmless prank, itching powder. "Kid said he put this on the babysitter's hairbrush."

"Dean, there's no way itching powder made that girl scratch her brains out. It's just ground-up maple seeds."

"Sammy, are you not making excuses since your brother used that in your jockeys?" Sam glared teasingly at her while she giggled softly. "Anyway as you boys know, anything can be possible even the impossible. Dumbass might be right."

"I'm on Kay with this one. If you have any other theories, we're open to them."

The phone began to ring, slowing Sam down while Dean and Karina continued walking. He answered the call, sharing a message with them that there was another victim. They all got to Impala, then drove off to the hospital. When they all arrived at the hospital, nurses were moving a dead body in a bag around the corner.