Chapter Twenty One: Inferiority

21. Inferiority

4-1-2023

A/N: It's April Fools! Too bad I'm not clever enough to make a prank...or am I?

Please read the authors note to answer the question at the end of the chapter! The choice will have an effect the story later on.

(((UωU` *)(* 'UωU)))

-----

"This is an all-out war!"

Your friends were fearful of the warning that Asagiri Gen had delivered.

"You're telling us that the long-haired man has an entire army of people as absurdly strong as he is?! And they're on their way here?!" Kohaku frantically questioned him.

He replied, "That's the gist of it. He's been de-petrifying them like mad. However, the most dangerous ones are Tsukasa-chan...as well as Hyoga-chan and Miyamoto-chan, who were revived recently. If Tsukasa-chan or Hyoga-chan is leading the war party, your only option is to flee...all of you!"

Your eyes widened in shock. You brought your thumb up to your mouth and bit down on your nails as you began to think. 'Miyamoto'? They can't be the same person, can it? It has to be a coincidence. If it's not, I can learn. I can learn to beat them...but if it's her...

"My, my (Y/N)-chan, I've never seen you so worried before. You look as though you know one of them..." Gen stated.

"It has to be a coincidence...it just has to be. If this 'Miyamoto' person happens to be who I'm thinking of..." you trailed off, then immediately gripped your bokken with uneasiness in your gut.

Senku placed a hand on your shoulder, which caused the uneasy feeling to slowly dissipate. "Remember. Tsukasa is currently reviving the young, which can be anyone under the age of thirty. There's a chance it may not be her."

The mentalist continued, "'Miyamoto' isn't their first name. They wanted to be referred as such when discussing plans about coming here. I doubt they would be one to lead a party though...their personality is quite daring, really. Anyways I told them I'd sneak in and influence you guys, which is how I convinced them to take the lead. Though, I doubt it'll buy us much time--"

"EVERYONE!" You heard Ginro's voice cry out. "THE ENEMY'S HERE!"

You saw him with a frightened expression on his face. All of you headed to the bridge to see Kinro fighting someone with a spear. You squinted your eyes to see that he was a fighting a fairly built man with white hair, as well as a mask to cover his face. He had feathers around his neck and a cloak to cover his skirt and sash.

"Already fighting?! Wait a minute...the one Kinro-chan is fighting is Hyoga-chan!" Gen feared for the worst.

You then saw Hyoga thrust his spear, which seemed to spin around in a rig, and pierce Kinro in the stomach.

"Kinro!" All of you cried out.

The boy then began to fall off the bridge, but grabbed the man's leg as a last resort. He called out, "Now, Ginro, cut the bridge down."

The blonde boy started doing so, but he seemed hesitant. Kohaku was screaming from the top of her lungs, her father holding her back.

"Quick Ginro...cut it already. I'm done for..." Kinro continued.

The boy, tears dripping from his eyes, whimpered, "I can't...I could never. You can't die, Kinro. Don't die...nii-chan!"

You clenched your fist, then immediately snatched Kohaku's shield from her back, much to her dismay. You equipped it firmly into your left arm, and held your bokken as though it were a spear. You immediately charged in without listening to the others pleas.