Part 2

I was walking towards the principal's office because I still had detention, turns out I broke the kids nose. Walking around the hall just before the principal's office I looked through the window as I took notice to the fact there was two people in the room. I headed into the office since the door was open, looking to see Bethany? and Martha. Then I remembered the gym teacher gave her detention. When I walked in I felt two pairs of eyes land on me. I ignored it and sat down leaving a gap between me and Martha. Although that whole time one pair of eyes stayed on me even as I sat down. I turned to my left and as I turned my blue eyes met a pair of hazel ones, that reminded me so much of Coffee. It was as if time had stopped as we stared at one another. I could feel my face heating up once again. I watched as she smiled shyly, I couldn't help but smile back.

I heard footsteps coming towards us thinking it was the principal coming to talk to us, it in fact was not him. It was Spencer and Fridge. 'why the hell were they here for?' I thought to myself. As they sat down on either side of me. "Look. I'm sorry, okay?" Spencer whispered to Fridge looking past me at him. "No, no it's not okay. What the hell, man? You got me kicked off the team" Fridge snapped back quietly. "Yea well you could've gotten me expelled. It's not like you're the only one who's living dangerously here" Spencer quickly shot back at him. "Living dangerously?" Fridge questioned him. "Yes. This is the most dangerous thing I've done in my life. now look at me, I'm paying the price" he raised his voice a bit then calmed down at the end. I got pissed. "Will the pair of you shut the fuck up, or will I have to shut them for you?. I am sick of listening to the pair of you scream at each other. Not to mention I am sitting in the middle of you guys" I shouted at them "you did not just tell me to shut the fuck up and threaten me, freak" Fridge spat at me. "Yeah I did just tell you to shut the fuck up and I make promises, not threats. Tuff guy!" I spat back at him and laughed hysterically as I pushed my blunt pocket knife against his throat.

The bell rung signalling it was the start of lunch and I slid my pocket knife back into my sleeve slightly. I'm startled when i hear a voice speak "Well.. Isn't this a fun group?" the principal questioned. 'when the hell did he get in here?' i thought to myself "ah Y/N Give me that please. I will not have you harm another student today" the principal spoke to me calmly. the others all looked at me weirdly. i stood up giving him the knife "That asshole deserved it" I mumbled to him as i sat back down. "You broke his nose Y/N, his parents could charge you with assault" he deadpanned whilst looking like he was mentally face palming. I then sat back in my seat crossing my legs. Ignoring Martha's eyes burning into the side of my head. "Anyways.. welcome to detention. Yes, Spencer?" he continued. "I just wanna say that I'm sorry" Spencer whispered. "Thank you" he replied to spencer.

I then mentally cringed when I heard Bethany's voice "Principal Bentley, all I did was make-" but before she could finish he cut her off "-Bethany please. You're all here for a reason. You know what it is, But this is what you should be thinking about: who you are.. in this moment in time-" he started as I finished for him already knowing what he would say. "And who you want to be. You get one life, you decide how you're gonna spend it" I heard him sigh. "Fortunately there is no better place for self-reflection than detention.." he paused for a second before continuing. "Get up everybody let's go."

I stood up following the principal. I noticed Martha lacking behind the group, so I slowed a bit to walk with her, So we were walking at the same pace. She noticed and looked up meeting my eyes as she smiled at me, she almost seemed happy that i slowed down to walk with her. My heart was pounding in my chest as I smiled back at her.

We then walked into the storage room that I had been recently cleaning out since I got detention a lot. "We are turning this into a new computer center but before we do it has to be cleaned out. These old magazines are bound for the recycling plant. But they have to be properly prepped before they go, it seems all the staples must be removed. Whatever you don't finish today, you finish tomorrow. Y/N will show you how to do it" He said pacing the room. "Tomorrow's Saturday" Fridge whined. "Because I wouldn't play football?' Martha questioned as I felt her hand graze mine a little, causing me to tense up and nervously twitch. I was sure I looked like a deer caught in headlights. "I don't think that'll work" I heard Bethany start whining as I rolled my eyes at her. Than I heard spencer "that's fair" I saw fridge nudge him and saw him mumble something.

The principal picked something up. "So I suggest you get started. Choose your weapons" he said showing a box full of staplers and other little bits and bobs. He then left, leaving us alone. I started walking around when I felt someone pull my shirt a bit. I turned around and looked behind me only looking straight into a pair of hazel eyes. She looked up a tiny bit realising I wasn't that much taller than her. I practically stayed by her side while she took the staples out, I helped every now and again when she couldn't get it out.

I looked over at Bethany and noticed she was just standing there on her phone. 'Ugh she thinks she's so perfect' I heard Martha giggle. "I said that out loud didn't I?" I questioned jumping on to the desk cause my legs were getting tired. "Yes you did, but you're not wrong" she whispered smiling at me and laughed a little. 'her laugh is cute' I thought to myself. "Hey what the hell they need with a bowling ball and spray paint?" I heard Fridge say "hmm, oh that's mine I used them for a prank and had them confiscated off me" I said while smiling like a child remembering the prank i pulled on the science teacher. Fridge just looked at me funny. I just shrugged my shoulders and went back to pulling out staples.

I heard Bethany Sigh very loudly. "Seriously no reception? okay, can today get any worse." she said acting as if she would die without her phone. i just rolled my eyes. "Are you gonna help? or are you to pretty?" Martha snapped at Bethany. 'damn girl' I thought to myself. "I'm to pretty" Bethany replied. while Martha sighed. i laughed a little bit. "What are you laughing at?" Bethany said accusingly. "oh nothing, just the fact that you think you are some sort of Queen and you don't have to do anything because "you're to pretty"." i said mocking her voice. "well listen here Queen bee your "status" means nothing when your in a place like this not to mention the only thing you have going for you is your looks and to be honest your lacking a bit there as well, you see you lack both brains and some beauty, unlike Martha here who has both and is the smartest girl in our year and is better looking than you not to mention she's in detention for a stupid reason whilst you are here because you're and idiot and decided to be on call in the middle of class." i told Bethany with boredom and annoyance lacing my tone the whole time. Both Fridge and Spencer Gasped at what i said.

the room then fell silent. I looked around and came face to face with Martha. I looked all over her features and noticed she was a bright pink. 'Is she blushing? no why would she be blushing?' I thought. then it clicked. I had just called her pretty and incredibly smart. it felt like my insides were melting. I stayed silent, got off the table and walked away to sit on another table. her eyes still focused on me. Spencer started talking to her about the way she talked to the gym teacher. I wasn't really listening i was to busy staring at her face. she looked uncomfortable around him.